- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- January 1998
NY DRUM SCHOOL-Now at TWO LOCATIONS, Brooklyn AND New Jersey
-Great Drum lessons by Christian Finger! Learn ALL YOU NEED to know and improve your drumming skills in a fun and efficient way with highly qualified lessons! All Ages (You're never too old...)/ Levels (beginners/kids welcome) and Styles (e.g. Rock, Pop, Funk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, World etc...)
You'll be surprised how much you learn from a:
-Holder of BA teaching & MA percussion degrees
- patient, friendly and encouraging teacher (23 years of experience)
- award winning, very versatile professional drummer in all styles, born and raised in Germany
- Writer for the famous "Modern Drummer" Magazine (see pix)
- Gretsch, Vic Firth & Gibraltar Endorser
- Member of Vic Firth Educator Team
- Judge at "DRUM OFF" competition
- Author of "The Drum Workbook" drum book
-Learn Grooves, Solos & Fills, Snare Drum technique, Rudiments,
Soloing etc FUN!!!
I'm offering qualified Drum set lessons for Beginners to Advanced students, students found my teaching very efficient, patient and fun too (I have lots of references).
You'll learn all styles (eg. Rock/Pop/Hip-Hop/Metal/Funk/Jazz/Latin, Afro-Cuban/Brazil) and techniques for playing in a band or whatever you have in mind. We also work on Soloing, Coordination, Independence, Sight reading and much more.
I use play-along CD's, metronome, drum computer, recording & filming (for evaluation) the students and other great teaching materials.
Also included are topics that the student brings to the lesson (for example: certain drum parts for favorite songs, or playing in a band, recording etc…)
All this leads to a custom made curriculum for fast and great improvement.
I've been playing drums for 30 years in all kind of musicals settings w/ world famous musicians and I've been teaching since 17 years. I am right now playing around town a lot w/ a lot of different artists, released three solo CD s & ten CD s w/ other groups/projects.
I hold BA andMA degrees, wrote two drum books, several articles for the "Modern Drummer "Magazine (world's #1 Drum-magazine) and served as a judge at the "Drum Off" Competition.
New York Drum School Brooklyn, NY 2001 – Present
Drum Set Instructor
• Teach private lessons weekly to students from ages 5 – 60+ in all styles of music from beginner to professional levels
Masterclass Muziek Conservatory Enschede/Netherlands 2014
• Rhythm training for all Jazz/Pop students /individual lessons/concert together with Prof. Sebastian Altekamp & Prof. Ruud Ouwehand
Masterclass Mallet Institute Duesseldorf/Germany 2015
• Group & individual drum lessons for Music Conservatory Students
Goethe Institut/PASCH Workshop Music Portland/OR 2014 & 2015
• Teaching students from USA, South America and Canada, with Sebastian Noelle
Solo Performance/Drum Workshop Musik Schule Wuppertal/Germany 2014
• Teaching students from Ages 8-50
Solo Performance/Rhythm Workshop/ Drum Set History Baarn/ Netherlands 2012 & 2013
• Teaching Students Ages 10-16, with Famke Damste
Church Street School of Music and Art New York, NY 2002 – 2008
Drum Set Instructor
• Taught private lessons weekly to students from ages 6 - 16 in all styles of music from beginner to intermediate
Volkshochschule Unna Unna, Germany 2002 & 2003
• Bass & Drums- Rhythm Section Training Workshop for adults, with Ralph Lohmann
Long Island University Brooklyn, NY 2002 - 2003
• Jazz Group Instructor worked with students to develop strong rhythmic skills and ensemble collaboration
• Performances with Jazz Choir and Band, with Prof. Gloria Cooper and Pete Yellin
Staedtische Musikschulen Bochum/Langenfeld/Castrop Rauxel, Germany 1990-2000
Drum Set/Mallets/Percussion Instructor
• Taught private and group lessons in Germany’s largest public music school as well as two other schools
• Coordinated recitals, lead school rock band, did preparation/coaching
• & video afternoons
• Organized drum clinic with Marc Shulman
• Rhythm training for non-drummers
Conservatory of Music Leipzig Leipzig 1995
• Jazz Combo-Rhythm section training workshop together with Chair of Jazz Department, Prof. Ralf Schrabbe
City of Hagen, Germany Hagen 1994
• Band training workshop