- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have extensively studied vocal performance for many years and continue to add to my own technique. I have a Master of Vocal Performance Degree from the Chicago College of Performing Arts. I currently work for a recording studio (Sound Summit Studios in Naperville IL) where I teach voice and help singers record their music in the studio. I have previously taught at The School of Rock in Indianapolis Indiana. I have administered vocal lessons to every voice type at all different levels. Several of my students have recored albums and are currently performing all over the U.S.
I have a bachelors degree in biology with a minor in art. After graduating college, I was a full-time high school biology teacher, volleyball coach, and director of the school musical. As a high school teacher, I learned first hand the kind of pressure and expectations that are placed on students in order for them to succeed. In college, I was the head student researcher on a two-year lab project. I took several upper level science courses including: biochemistry, calculus, organic chemistry, calculus based physics, cell biology, anatomy, and physiology. I studied marine biology in the Virgin Islands and am CPR certified.
*** Lesson Details ***
Voice lessons with me are fun and effective. You can expect to hear improved technique from day one, eventually reaching your long term goals. I begin every lesson aligning the students voice through various vocal warm ups and exercises. We then work together to pick repertoire that will suit the singer's voice and they will enjoy singing. During a lesson we will also cover performance presentation, acting, diction, rhythm, musicality, style, and interpretation.
During tutoring you can expect a personalized plan based on your goals and aspirations. Since every student is different you can be assured we will come up with a plan that is designed just for you. I am a laid back tutor but will be sure to get the most out of you after our time together. Most students see at least a one letter grade improvement. My main goal for every tutoring session is student learning and comprehension.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano, recording equipment, large collection of sheet music
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in helping students find their true singing voice.
I coach singers in the recording studio, to help them make the best recordings possible.
I teach voice lessons in Chicago Il.
Peter - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Rueben - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Singing · Online Thanks for getting Trey motivated and organized! He's already learned so much in just three lessons!
· Singing · Online
· Broadway Singing · In home I could not be happier with my decision to take voice lessons with Ben! These past couple of months have been more beneficial to me than any of my previous experience with other teachers. I have already seen improvement in my voice and there is still so much I can learn. Ben works to improve the voice as a whole, rather than limiting it to one specific area. I would highly recommend him to those who are ready to put in the work necessary to get great results.
· Singing · Online I've never had vocal lessons before and my singing voice has never improved faster since I started lessons with Benjamin. He's a great teacher in many ways. His personal approach will take wherever you are as a singer to the next level. He will teach you not only proper techniques, control, and mindset of a singer; but he also teaches how to bring out your unique style and encourages your own personal expression.
You can waste your whole life listening to voice techniques from YouTube, but if you don't have Benjamin then you'll never achieve what you imagine your voice can be.
· Singing · In home I have been taking lessons with Benjamin for 3 months. He is an excellent teacher. I have received little training in singing prior to Benjamin. He helps me find my voice and figure out how to sing in a correct way. I can feel I have made steady improvement within the past few months. He is very encouraging and always supportive of my growth. It is fun to work with him. I highly recommend him!
· Singing · Online Much better than previous instructors that I've had!
· Singing · In studio Benjamin is great. He goes through a good amount of drills to help learn technique. He also has you record lessons so that you can go through them later. He's been able to explain things with a lot of detail so that I can visualize them and understand how to make my voice stronger. He's really helped me improve in a short amount of time.
· Singing · In studio I've grown more from the couple of months I've worked with Benjamin than I have with any other instructor. He is truly a phenomenal teacher! He will make sure your technique is flawless.
· Earth Science · Online
· Singing · In studio I've been taking lessons from Benjamin for about 6 weeks now, and it has been a great experience. He especially helped me prepare for a performance while I was battling a cold. He gave me useful techniques and advice on how to get through the sickness without hurting any of the mechanisms used in singing.