Males 2 to 55
Autumn is a native of Wisconsin and has played in orchestras across the United States that include the Civic Orchestra of Chicago, New World Symphony Orchestra, and Boca Raton Philharmonic Symphonia. In addition, Autumn is an avid solo musician and has placed in such violin competitions as the Virtu Foundation Instrument Scholarship Competition, where she received a one year loan of a 17th century violin, and Schubert Club String Competition.
Ever active, Autumn has also attended and performed in numerous summer festivals that include the Spoleto Festival USA, Kent Blossom Music Festival, Meadowmount Music Festival, and Chautauqua Institution. Autumn's diverse role as a violinist has often allowed her to perform outside of the realms of strictly classical music and perform and collaborate with such artists as Amy Grant, Smokey Robinson, and most recently LeAnn Rimes.
Autumn's musical education includes a Bachelor of Music from the University of Minnesota with Sally O'Reilly, a Masters of Music from Southern Methodist University with Jan Mark Sloman, and two additional performance graduate degrees from Lynn University and the University of Denver with violinists Elmar Oliveira and Yumi Whang-Williams.
Autumn has been teaching for over thirteen years and has worked as instructor, coach and mentor. Autumn currently plays with the Colorado Springs Philharmonic Orchestra and serves as Concertmaster of the Longmont Symphony Orchestra.
*** Lesson Details ***
I have worked with students ages two through adults. I teach a mixture of Traditional and Suzuki Methods. I also integrate training in sight reading, ear training, and music theory.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music stand, metronome.
*** Specialties ***
Over thirteen years in violin instruction. Students have placed in state competitions and won chairs as concertmaster in state youth orchestras.
The League of American Orchestras leads, supports, and champions America’s orchestras and the vitality of the music they perform. Its diverse membership of approximately 800 orchestras across North America runs the gamut from world-renowned symphonies to community groups, from summer festivals to student and youth ensembles. The only national organization dedicated solely to the orchestral experience, the League is a nexus of knowledge and innovation, advocacy, and leadership advancement for managers, musicians, volunteers, and boards. Its conferences and events, award-winning Symphony magazine, website, and other publications inform music lovers around the world about orchestral activity and developments. Founded in 1942 and chartered by Congress in 1962, the League links a national network of thousands of instrumentalists, conductors, managers and administrators, board members, volunteers, and business partners.
The Americana Music Association is a professional trade organization whose mission is to advocate for the authentic voice of American Roots Music around the world.
· Violin · Amazing teacher! I feel privileged to learn from her.
· Violin · Online Very awesome and personable teacher! I have learned so much with her, Highly recommended! She was constantly working with my crazy schedule.
· Violin · In studio Autumn is very supportive an a great teacher she has a gift that is hard to find in most instructors.
· Violin · In studio Autumn is an excellent teacher! As I am over 50 it is more of a challenge to learn something new, but she is patient and her knowledge, experience, and ability with the violin is a great asset to her instruction. Her focus on teaching me correct technique is laying a good foundation for me to hopefully master this beautiful instrument.
· Violin · Online Enjoyed my lesson, and I already improve in 30 minutes
· Violin · In studio Great first lesson showed up early and Autumn was so accommodating really patient
· Violin · In studio I cannot say enough wonderful things about Miss Autumn! She is really an inspiring instructor for my two children. They have been working with her for about two years and are so excited each week for their lessons. Highly recommend!
· Violin · In studio Autumn is very patient. I felt relaxed.
· Violin · In home My girls are very excited at Autumn's knowledge and look forward to playing again!
· Violin · In studio Brandon has thoroughly enjoyed his violin lessons with Autumn - he's learned a lot.