- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Andrew is a Philadelphia area bassist, guitarist, composer, sound designer, audio engineer, and teacher. As a recent graduate of University of the Arts with a MM in jazz studies, Andrew has had many opportunities to study with some of the best musicians that Philadelphia has to offer. Andrew performs in a variety of styles from rock to jazz and R&B. For Andrew, music is the most fun a person can have and this idea is the foundation for his instruction. Andrew aims to inspire his students, in the way that his great teachers have inspired him. He emphasizes improvisation, confidence, versatility, good habits, a strong foundation, and the concept of music as a language.
*** Lesson Details ***
Though I cultivate a laid-back atmosphere, I take music and teaching very seriously. I expect beginners to put in an honest effort, and expect more advanced players to be enthusiastic about the material I give them, and to give it the time and attention it deserves. Ultimately, a student will only get out what he or she puts in. It can and should be fun, (and if It isn't, I'll figure out a way to make it fun.) Students will learn to be creative every time they play. They will learn to interact with others (musically) and to rely on their ears and intuition. I try to focus on producing a well-rounded student who can play with emotion and spontaneity, yet has knowledge of music theory, history, convention, and other essentials of a more academic nature. I cater to the student's interests and tailor my lessons to the student's specific needs.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Home: studio with music stands, guitar/bass amps, music library and materials, keyboard, recording mixer, guitars (acoustic & electric), electric bass, fretless bass, upright bass, and computer with various music software, and a wipe off board.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Car, Music stand, instruments, amplifiers, Ipad
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in Jazz, Rock, Pop, and Contemporary music.
· Bass Guitar · In studio It was awesome I loved it can't wait for the next lesson I'm so ready to learn from my teacher he's the best
· Bass Guitar · In studio Andrew is a great teacher. He is very knowledgeable and patient. I en joyed my first lesson very much and I am looking forward to my next lessons. I highly recommend him to any student.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Coming from a beginner-level guitar player who has previously taken guitar courses, Andrew's definitely extremely talented and, equally importantly, very insightful and understanding when it comes to teaching. He is patient, smart, draws good examples for understanding concepts, and is enjoyable to play alongside with.
· Bass Guitar · andrew is a great teacher
i've been taking bass lessons from andrew for several years and have nothing but great things to say about his teaching abilities. he is organized yet flexible, allowing you to take the lessons the direction you want to take it. he can really connect to the way you think and channel that to advance your skills. my only complaint i don't see him enough, but that's my fault.
· Bass Guitar · Great Instructor
Andrew went above and beyond what I ever expected. He did a great job of covering rudiments and technical aspects, while simultaneously focusing on the "art" of bass playing. He was very aware of my skill level and responsive to my needs as a student. I highly recommend him for beginners and imagine that he would be great for more skilled students as well
· Bass Guitar · Amazing teacher & mentor for Bass
Andrew far surpassed my highest expectations of a music teacher. He is one of the most patient & supportive teachers I've experienced in any setting. Coming in, I had almost no musical background. His amazing sessions focused on a becoming a true musician, with an great ability to put everything in perspective. He leaves you with very clear & helpful assignments for at home. In class he focused on every area to get you to the next level; all in a challenging, yet supportive environment.Through his balanced teaching of theory, reading, and technique I was able to move from a complete novice to playing songs- even coming up with my own basslines in a few weeks. Seeing his skill set & experiencing his teaching, I have high-conviction he would be a huge asset to anyone looking to learn. I will certainly be back for more lessons in the future.
· · I am glad I went with Andrew. Not only is he positive, he's also patient, very knowledgeable, and makes the learning experience enjoyable! Love it!
· · Miss
Andrew is an outstanding teacher. I have already become a lot more confident in my playing, and even begun to learn some songs. Andrew not only is fluent in the language of guitar, but also in the teaching of it. He seems to know exactly what to say and do to help me along when I am stuck. I appreciate all of his help, and any improvement I have made is owed to Andrew's remarkable teaching. Thanks!
· · He's an awesome teacher, he is patient and very kind. He teaches very good and understandable and he's taking some time for question.