- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Music has been my passion for the past 18 years. I started piano when I was 5 yrs old and the violin when I was 7 yrs old. I continued with lessons until I entered the Detroit High School for Performing Arts. During my sophomore year, I took additional classes at Wayne Sate University for music theory and in my senior year I took on my first piano students. I have been teaching piano, violin and music theory ever since. I have also choreographed and taught dance for many years as dancing has been with me since my first lessons at 4 yrs old. My focus is in ballet, tap and jazz. I am a graduate from Eastern Michigan University where I was actively a part of the music and dance program.
*** Lesson Details ***
I remember my piano teacher and I try to keep her balance of fun and learning. I am a very fun teacher, but I do expect my students to work, and learn. I introduce learning games and have contests. I also regularly quiz my students. For the younger students I like to inform the parents about what they should be practicing and of any theory exercises they may have for the week. Music is a rewarding and enjoyable passion that I try to pass on to my students.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Students should have their own instruments. I will provide the first books, but they will have to provide the books that come after and I will assist them with that.
*** Specialties ***
I've been doing ballet, tap and jazz for 16 years and i taught all of them for about two years. I teach classical piano and violin.
· Piano · In home Alysia did a great job instructing me on the puano, I'm 9 years old and never played before! It was my first lesson and Alysia was very patient. Can't wait for the next lesson!
· Piano · In studio She is lovely and nice teacher!
· Piano · In home My son really loved her and said best teacher he has had so far!
They really connected.
· Piano · In home She is absolutely wonderful. She is talented, intelligent, and very personable. Can't wait for the next lesson! Very lucky to have found her.
· Piano · In home We love Alysia. She is a very talented piano player and teacher. Very gifted. Her enthusiasm and sense of humor fit in with our big crazy family.
· Piano · In studio She was very respectful that I didn't know my fingerings and walked me through the whole process. She also didn't care how long it took for me to learn a song. I'd say at this rate I'll be playing the Entertainer in just 1 month. I give Mrs. Rojas 4 stars.
· Piano · In home We were disappointed when Alysia showed up late to our 8 year old daughters very first piano lesson (which was an 8th birthday gift.....she was very excited) And then to our surprise she leaves the lesson 5 full minutes early. We thought that maybe she was having a rough day and decided to give it a shot again next week. Well, this time, not to our surprise, after a suspiciously quite...piano lesson...our daughter confirmed what we had hoped was not going on....Ms. Alysia spent much of the lesson texting with "her parents". Just disappointing.
· Violin · Solid, happy Teacher, quality instruction!
Aysia has been a fantastic teacher for my 13 year old daughter for violin. She has clear expectations and lessons. She is very competent with her skills and good at communicating her knowledge in an encouraging and constructive manner. She has been flexible with the schedule when necessary, due to life happening. I highly recommend her as a choice teacher.
· · Awesome!!!!
Alysia is a great teacher I was a little nervous to use her because most of the reviews were written by parents whos kids are learning and I am an adult who just really wanted to learn the violin but after meeting Alysia she is not only patient but informative I think learning as an adult we or at least I tender to want to run before I can crawl like let's just learn this so I can get to the "good stuff." The way she explains stuff really lets you see there is method to the madness of trying to learn something so complicated? She is also easy to work with both in song selections (within abilities) and how she teaches. Learning the violin poster among a thousand other things is important and she has a way of correcting that doesn't make me feel stupid I know my husband has the nicest things to say. After a few lessons I am still on simple songs at only a few lessons and I still mess up but I have improved enough he doesn't run away or put in ear plugs anymore. Thank you Alysia!!!! I cant wait till I get a few more lessons in.... I am very excited!
· · Alysia is great with kids
My daughter seems to really like her lessons with Alysia. Alysia is patient and makes the lesson fun for my little 6 year old.