- Teaches students:
- Ages 10+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- November 2005
I am a fun teacher with high expectations for my students! If you want to grow, I will help you get there.
Experienced certified teacher in all core areas through middle school and special education/music through high school. Bachelors and Masters degrees. Currently working as an autism specialist and internationally commissioned music composer.
I have experience working with all ages, individuals with disabilities and English language learners. We are a team. Let’s set some goals together and help you get there!
• Developed & implemented individualize applied music instruction: voice, oboe, clarinet, saxophone & piano
• Hosted group masterclass with professional oboist & Grammy-award winner, Thom Moore (2015)
• Quadrupled client base in first quarter after opening Sitka studio (2014), maxing studio availability
• Composed new works & workshopped music with performers, with composed music performed in 3 states (Oregon, Alaska, New York) & on 3 continents (North America, Australia, Europe – Spain)
• Provided services in music transcription/transposition, performance & event/administrative management
Composition Commissions & Selections:
• McNary High School Jazz I Ensemble – Keizer, OR (2018), Foggy Beach Blues for Jazz Ens. (Big Band)
• TIMP.100 Recording Project – Brent Miller, Percussionist – Brisbane, Australia (2016), Awdigaan for solo prepared timpani, currently in preparation for recording
• Family Request – Livie 60th Anniversary Celebration – Salem, OR (2016), arr. Wind Beneath My Wings for Oboe, Tenor Saxophone & Piano
• Ensemble Finale, Sitka Broadway Night – Sitka, AK (2015), arr. Seasons of Love from Rent
• Miniature Romances for Clarinet – Javier Perez Garrido, Clarinetist – Seville, Spain (2014), Romancing the Heart from Expressions for Clarinet Series
• Sesquicentennial of the Civil War – West Point Woodwind Quintet – West Point, NY (2013), The Civility of War for woodwind quintet with doubling & body percussion
Contracted & External Projects:
• Administrative Support & Website Design – Anchorage Concert Chorus (10/18 – Present): provided administrative support with web media & marketing, updated website design & managed web content
• Composers with Disabilities Working Group - Composer Diversity Project Advisory Council (07/18): Served on council in broadening the scope of known repertoire written by composers with disabilities & developing a tool for conductors, performers, presenters, educators & researchers to increase access to new repertoire from a diverse group of composers
• Volunteer Assistant Music Teacher – Sitka Fine Arts Camp (Spring/Fall 2014): assisted in teaching music recording & rock band classes. Enhanced recording skills in new music medium. Students performed publicly at the end of each class & created a final recording.
• Press Release Writer – Vox Novus (2012 – 2013): analyzed program notes & wrote press releases for performances in the 60x60, Composer’s Voice & 15 Minutes of Fame Concert Series
• Designed, promoted & co-directed 5 music concerts, incorporating Lingít & multicultural music, jazz, choral & concert band music, theory & music analysis
• Employed instruction on special education goals: impulse control, social skills, emotional control, body awareness. Incorporated motor skills into elementary courses & accommodations for student with physical paralysis, through consultation of Occupational Therapist
• Collaboratively developed comprehensive PK-8 Music curriculum map, with National Core Arts Standards & Lingít traditional music
• Developed integrative & culturally-inclusive syllabus proposal for 7-12 music class, incorporating instrumental & vocal music, improvisation & composing, listening, analysis & self-evaluation
• Substituted for high school band & assisted with pep band during basketball season
Special Education & Early Childhood Special Education
Middle School Education
ML Basic Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts
Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the associations dedication to the advancement of choral music. The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.+ Read More
SCI is an independent organization concerned with the fellowship, collaboration, career goals, and objectives of new and contemporary music composers and those interested in topics related to composition.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.+ Read More
Aimee was a great instructor! She sets goals with you, pushes you and is always encouraging.