- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been passionate about music all of my life. I have been teaching guitar and piano for 10 years. I'm a doctoral student at Chestnut Hill College pursuing a degree in clinical psychology with plans to become a music therapist. I learned guitar and classical piano under 2 private teachers while pursuing my Psychology degree and music minor at Rutgers University in NJ.
Music was a way for me to find peace, structure, confidence, and an outlet for personal expression and creativity outside of my everyday life. I've grown as a person and a musician through music. I get excited when I see my students learn enjoy playing something new. I love music more than anything else and that love is something I try to bring out in my students. Once there is love for music, everything grows naturally. I teach to help my students find those strengths in themselves to live a fulfilling life through their instrument.
We create daily, weekly, and monthly goals for you to achieve.
Guitar: After 3 to 6 months of learning with me, you will have a basic knowledge of chords, how to read musical notation, strumming patterns and basic rhythms. Most importantly, you will have learned 3 or 4 songs of your choice so that you can experience the joy of expressing yourself through music.
To achieve these results, you must be willing to practice 20-30 minutes a day most days each week.
I specialize in teaching students to learn to play by ear and improvise songs based on their tastes, style, and ability level. I also walk students through how to write and record semi-professional quality songs with drums, vocals, guitar, and piano. Music genres I cover are mainly Pop, Pop/Rock, Folk, Blues Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative, and Classical (piano only)
*** Studio Equipment ***
I provide a comfortable, quiet room with live instruments, and playback and recording equipment. I expect students to bring a guitar, books, sheet music, picks, and a tuner.
1. Taylor Acoustic Guitar
--picks, tuner, and capo
2. Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar
-- Marshall 100W Amplifier
-- Classic Cry Baby Wah Effects Pedal
3. Casio PX-310 Weighted 88-Key Piano Keyboard
Playback and Recording:
1. MacBook Pro OSX 10.10.3 13-inch screen
- Insignia 27W Speakers with subwoofer
2. Steinberg UR-22 Recording Interface
3. Audio-technica M30 Headphones
4. Sterling Audio ST51 Black Condenser Microphone
*** Travel Equipment *** (same as above except for piano)
Teach guitar and piano to children, teens, and adults from all backgrounds in the Philadelphia area.
Teach songs my students want to learn and expand their horizons with songs appropriate to their level and interests.
Develop lesson plans with students and parents (for children) that are unique and specialized for each student's interests and needs
Provide extra services such as re-stringing guitar and recommend and coordinate services (e.g. piano tuning) to qualified professionals
I've performed solo and as a duet or band with numerous talented professionals in New York, Philadelphia, and New Jersey on guitar, piano, vocals, and percussion, including:
Soul singer-songwriter Bethlehem Roberson, drummer Kyle Burke, Folk singer-songwriter Emilie Wetzel, vocalist Candice Green (see profile video), guitarist Jerry Curran (see video), guitarist Michael Fremed, Jazz guitarist Grant Gardner, guitarist Ryan Lederer, and Pop/Rock singer-songwriter Sandy Zio
The Phi Beta Kappa Society celebrates and advocates excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. Its campus chapters invite for induction the most outstanding arts and sciences students at America’s leading colleges and universities. The Society sponsors activities to advance these studies — the humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences — in higher education and in society at large.
· Songwriting · In studio I didn't really know what to expect from songwriting lessons but Adam is very flexible with his teaching, knowledgeable, and responsive. He gives you the tools you need to pursue any path you choose and to feel good about what you're achieving. Adam is very nonjudgmental and just loves music. Thanks to him I've come very far in a short amount of time.
· Classical Piano · In studio Adam is a wonderful piano teacher. He was patient, answered every question and made me feel comfortable since I was just a beginner. His instructions were easy to follow and help me pick up things at a quicker pace. I look forward to continuing my lessons with Adam.
· Guitar · In home Adam has been coming to our home for almost 2 years to teach my 13 y.o. son and 12 y.o. daughter guitar. It has been a wonderful experience for all. Adam has a cool temperament and is quite patient. He has really made the whole learning experience rewarding and enjoyable for the kids. It is apparent that they have been growing as guitarists. Adam is highly recommended as an instructor.
· Guitar · In studio I am a technology geek who could easily spend 24/7 in front of a computer. I was looking for an excuse to step outside of my zone, and Adam has taught me how to find peace and relax via music. I would highly recommend Adam!
· Piano · In studio Adam is a GREAT instructor and I've been having a lot of fun learning piano with him. He really focuses on what it is you want to get out of your lessons and what you want to learn. I had some background with piano from childhood but Adam's taught me some music theory fundamentals that I hadn't learned before. Getting a lot out of it and highly recommend.
· Guitar · In studio There are many talented guitarists, but there are few that are both talented and top-notch teachers like Adam. Adam is a patient instructor, knowledgable, and willing to design lessons to your musical interests. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Adam, and highly recommend him to anyone seeking lessons at any level.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Cant speak highly enough about Adam. I felt he went above and beyond for a guitar teacher. He challenged me to perform at an open mic fairly early (I couldnt play a full song before starting lessons) and took his own time to come support me. He teaches piano too and has a great understanding of music theory. This was big for me as music theory is fascinating to me. Our lessons were very relaxed and always left me excited to get home and practice more. My interest in guitar is fairly schizophrenic and I like to change focus all the time to cover as much ground in our precious weekly hour. Adam did a great job working with my idiosyncrasies and taught me a great amount in the few months we had lessons. (I moved out of town)
· Piano · In home Adam was be my son piano teacher for over 6 months and still be continue. He is very professional, kind and patience with my 7years old boy . I even refer him to teach piano for my best friend son and she is happy with his professional too . My son cannot wait to see him every Saturday for his 45 minutes lesson. Thank you Adam !
· Guitar · In studio Adam is very calm and patient, even with my quirky 9 year old. I'd recommend him to anyone.
· Guitar · In studio Professional, responsible, and analytical. Adam is flexible and takes constructive criticism like a champ. As a music fan of local music, I hired him Adam after seeing one of his performances and he has never disappointed me. He is kind and accepting and an exceptional teacher - great listening skills, very compassionate, and completely non-judgmental. Adam kept me motivated through the challenges of a new beginner at guitar to get me to where I am today. He supported me to not be hard on myself and pushed me to grow. Adam has the unique set of interpersonal skills to excel in the music teacher field. I would recommend him to any student!