- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My focus is on you - helping you achieve your goals with the harmonica, whatever they may be. Whatever inspires you to pick up the harmonica, whoever you want to emulate, whatever style grabs you, I bring the background, deep knowledge, and teaching experience to enrich your understanding and grow your skills and ability to express yourself musically.
I'm a harmonica specialist, known internationally as a player and teacher. I'm the author of the books Harmonica For Dummies and Blues Harmonica For Dummies. I can teach all styles, all levels of expertise and all types of harmonica.
The Harmonica Collective is an annual gathering of five of the best harmonica players, crafters, and performers to share their knowledge with intermediate and advanced players for four days in the spring. Enrollment is limited to 50 in order to give individual attention to each attendee.
I teach the ten-week Beginning Diatonic Harmonica Course, in addition to private lessons.
Since 1964 SPAH has produced a quarterly magazine and an annual convention for up to 500 attendees, with seminars, one-on-one teaching, jamming, open mic, and concerts, along with exhibits by vendors and manufacturers.
The California Jazz Conservatory is a nationally accredited music conservatory providing a dynamic community of students, artists, educators, scholars and audiences with a forum to study, perform, teach, research, appreciate and enjoy jazz and related styles of music from throughout the world. Comprising two distinct education programs, the California Jazz Conservatory, a postsecondary degree-granting program, and the Jazzschool Community Music School, a non-degree-granting community education program, the institution honors the contributions of past masters and promotes artistic innovation, bringing together a diverse music community to develop practical skills, acquire artistic sensibility, realize creative potential and find artistic voice.
SPAH is the Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica. It is a non-profit, member organization dedicated to serving the harmonica community.
· Harmonica · Online Winslow is very knowledgeable and an excellent teacher.
He's very passionate about the harmonica, which makes for a great learning experience. I look forward to future lessons.
· Harmonica · In studio My first lesson went very well and was just as I had hoped.
· Harmonica · Online Far exceeded my expectations. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Winslow is a GREAT instructor and a well respected expert, well known in the worldwide Harmonica community.
· Harmonica · Online Winslow is an excellent teacher and I feel fortunate to be learning from him. He is a harmonica master, both in his playing and in his in deep knowledge of the mechanics of the harp and how to play it. He has literally written books on learning to play (Harmonica for Dummies, Blues Harmonica for Dummies).
What I like about our lessons is that he's a great listener. He can hear where I need work and he offers not just one but often several exercises and riffs that address the issue. In addition, he knows the blues, the players, the songs, and the harp riffs for reference. To top it off his manner is light and warm. I feel honored to be learning from him.
· Harmonica · Online In my first lesson with Winslow he listened to what I had to say about my experience, my frustrations and my goals. He listened to me play and quickly diagnosed some issues and offered some helpful advice on how to address them. I came away with a much better sense of how to structure my practices to make them more productive and with some specific things on which to work.
· Harmonica · In studio Good first lesson. Teacher listens and explains clearly. I look forward to my next lesson.
· Harmonica · In studio Winslow is great. He really knows what he's talking about and helped me improve a lot! I highly recommend him.