I have love and a great passion for music. I have been a musician for over 30 years, I have been a private instructor in piano, organ and voice for 10 years. I have trained and arranged music for several choirs and musicians. I have been music administrator for the church I attend for 12 years. I have instructed children's music classes at The Cleveland Clinic Children's Rehabilitation Hospital. I have toured with choirs, soloist, and musicians in the United States and Canada. I play for weddings and am currently on staff as a musician at a Funeral Home.
I am a graduate of Evans Academy of Music in Buffalo, New York. I have studied music at Cuyahoga Community College.
*** Lesson Details ***
I have great patience in teaching. The piano and organ lessons start with music theory which is studied each lesson. The lessons develop into learning scales, techniques, developing skills, learning to play songs. The singing lessons start with vocal scales and breathing exercises. Diction, pronunciation, and tone quality are perfected.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Studio is at a church with separate music rooms for training. Each room has a piano and organ inside and seating is available.
*** Specialties ***
I start with description of notes, meaning of symbols, measures, lines, spaces, learning to read notes, how chords are formed, teach scales and chords, introductory theory, simple sheet music of popular songs. My genres are mainly popular music, jazz, and gospel.
I have over forty years experience in music administration at two churches. I have trained musicians that play piano, organ, drums guitar, and horns in accompanying choirs and soloist. I have traveled the United States and Canada performing with choirs and soloist. The type music I teach is gospel, jazz, and popular music.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Singing · In studio He was really patient with me, a beginner.
· Singing · In home It was an amazing first singing lesson!! Udell is an excellent teacher. I can't wait for the next lesson. I learned so much in one lesson it was unbelievable. It is going to be a journey that I look forward to. I believe in time I will reach my goal of being able to sing Praises "in tune" for the Lord.
· Piano · In studio We really enjoyed our first lesson! Great, patient instructor. Looking forward to the next time!
· Singing · In studio He is a good instructor. He teaches how to breathe and make a good sound.
· Piano · In studio good teacher--kind, patient and knowledgeable
· Piano · In studio 100 stars! Excellent! He is a great man! Recommend!
· Piano · In home I'm excited! Mr.H is The Best!
· Singing · In studio I really enjoyed my first lesson with Udell! He was able to quickly point out my strengths as well as weaknesses. I look forward to working with him again.
· · Very good instructor. Has really enhanced my ability to play as well as my music ministry.
· · Melody