- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 5 and up
Hi! I'm Trina. I'm a friendly, patient, enthusiastic, experienced teacher, joyfully instructing piano professionally since 1999. Music transcends words, and I have a deep understanding of music/ piano, both personal and experiential which I truly enjoy sharing with my students. I draw from my love of music and my own experience as a pianist, piano student, and career piano teacher to motivate and inspire my students.
A classically-trained pianist, I've been playing "by ear" from very early childhood and started taking piano lessons at age 6. I continued to study piano throughout elementary and high school. In college, I studied piano, music theory/history and psychology in addition to fieldwork and internships in music therapy. I have extensive experience working with students with special needs. In graduate school, I studied classical piano and music theory with professor David Holzman, Grammy-nominated pianist and lecturer.
Lessons with me are ultra-personalized. I focus on each student's musical goals. Overall, I want the love of music to be the reason they want to practice and attend lessons. I also believe the rapport between student and teacher is tantamount. I consider it a priority that each student feel comfortable with me, feel at-home in my studio, and develop a love and knowledge of music that will last a lifetime.
Proper technique is stressed regardless of experience level or age.
I hold annual Student Piano Recitals at the end of the school year.
NYSSMA preparation offered for all levels. My students average a score of "outstanding".
*** Studio Equipment
Piano, keyboard; den dedicated to music. Extensive musical library.
*** Specialties ***
Students with special needs
Lessons for young beginners
piano lessons for students Pre-K through grade 8
private piano lessons in students' homes
instructed students of all ages
Private piano lessons
Delta Omicron is a co-ed international professional music honors fraternity whose mission is to promote and support excellence in music and musicianship.
· Piano · In studio She is wonderful!
· Piano · In studio Wonderful teacher.
· Piano · In studio Trina uses techniques to make piano fun and interesting (i.e. ipad, youtube recordings, etc).
· Piano · In home Trina is patient & kind.
· Piano · In studio Taking piano lessons with Ms. Trina has been a positive experience for both my 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter for three years. Trina is patient, kind and willing to shift gears acording to the needs of the children, I highly recommend Ms. Trina!
· Piano · In studio My two girls love Trina dearly. She is very sweet and patient with my daughters. Great Teacher!! Thank you always!!
· Piano · In studio She is wonderful teacher. My son that been studying piano for three years now, is very comfortable with her.
· Piano · In studio My daughter K-A Has been doing great from the time she started in February 2015. I was very impressed when she performed at her recital. Thanks again for doing a great job with my daughter.
· Piano · In home I have been taking lessons with Trina for the last few months and she is a wonderful teacher. She is so patient and is great at what she does. I learn so much in each lesson and that motivates me to keep on learning and enjoying piano. Thank you Trina, you have an amazing gift and I'l so thankful to have found you as a teacher.
· Piano · In studio Trina has been a wonderful piano instructor for my children! Not only is she skilled as a teacher, she has an enthusiastic and warm personality that allows my kids to get excited about playing music! She is truly a gem!