- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Learn to play the music that you love!
My goal as a teacher is to create lessons that are fun, challenging and directly related to your goals.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Music in classical guitar from Webster University St. Louis and have experience playing pop, rock, metal, jazz, latin and folk styles. Upon graduating, I spent two years teaching high school music and directing rock bands at NYOS Charter School in Austin, TX. Additionally, I spent the last three and a half years traveling and performing with top 40 show bands.
*** Lesson Details ***
During the first lesson, we will identify your goals and musical interests. This will allow me to design a program specifically for you!
Whether you are gearing up for music school auditions or just looking to have fun in your spare time, I look forward to helping you!
*** Areas of Study ***
Songwriting & Composition
Ear Training & Transcribing
Reading (notation, TAB and charts)
*** Studio Equipment ***
Band in a Box
East West Quantum Leap
Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II
Mesa Boogie & ENGL Amps
PRS, Fender, Taylor & Gitane guitars/basses
TC Electronics, Wampler, Dunlop, Xotic & Ernie Ball effects
MXL, Shure & Sennheiser microphones
GoPro and Canon Cameras
Guitar and backing vocals for The Spacerockers.
Taught grades 7-12 classical guitar classes. Directed high school rock band.
Students gigged in Austin, performed at the 2012 Texas Charter School conference and competed in the 2013 Texas State Guitar Competition.
Guitarist for Sunday service worship band.
Taught classical, acoustic and electric guitar lessons to kids, teens and adults.
Freelance guitarist for weddings, private events, church services, musical theater productions and choir/opera accompaniment.
Taught acoustic and electric guitar lessons.
Taught classical guitar lessons.
· Guitar · In home I've taken a couple of lessons from Trevor so far and they have been awesome. I've taken lessons from about 7 or 8 instructors in my lifetime and he is definitely one of, if not the best.
The thing that makes Trevor stand out to me is that he took the time to get to know what I wanted to learn and to figure out how I like to learn. He comes prepared to the lessons with material, answers any questions I have during the week by email and has worked with me to develop a specific education plan to meet my goals.
I suggest taking a trial lesson with this guy to see if you're on the same page. I am definitely not going anywhere else while I live in Austin.
· Guitar · In home Trevor has been a great teacher! He is extremely knowledgeable and patient. He makes learning fun and is very flexible based on each individual students needs. I would highly recommend him to anyone whether they are a beginner or advanced player. He has the skill set to apply to all students.
· · Trevor is an awesome teacher and mentor to my boys. He has been teaching them since they had him as a teacher in Middle School, when the first picked up the guitar. I consider him a friend and would highly recommend him as an instructor for any person who wishes to pursue music. He's awesome!!
· Guitar · In studio Trevor is a great instructor! Very positive attitude and knowledgeable!!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Really happy to recommend Trevor as a guitar teacher. I started taking lessons with him in December and already feel like I've learned a lot, from flexibility and strength-building exercises for fingers to picking patterns to how to restring the guitar (at my request, since it had been about 20 years). It's also a lot of fun. He does a great job of listening to what you want to learn and suggesting ways to get there.
· Guitar · In studio Jedi Training. That's what I like to call my guitar lessons. Because Trevor teaches you how to use the force. I like how Trevor gets me out of my left brain with exercises like closing my eyes while I pick out chords & notes. He know how to push me past my comfort zone while still keeping it fun.
The topics of lessons aren't one size fits all (like some teachers that teach the same thing every week to all their students) But he tailors each lessons to my interests & deftly weaves all aspects of music together from theory, to chord structure, to picking, to levitating x-wings using your mind.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Trevor is an amazing guitarists. It's clear in short order that he's very knowledgeable and his patient and straightforward style of instruction inspires me with confidence as a beginning player! I think he'd do well with both beginners and advanced players, as well as students of all ages. I give him my highest recommendation as a tutor, coach and instructor.
· Classical Guitar · In home I took lessons from Trevor Perrmann for about 3 years, and I have learned a lot. In that time, I had lessons from Trevor in Classical Guitar, Piano, Electric Guitar (everything from pop to jazz), and I also learned a lot about music theory. I've taken music lessons from 5 different teachers, and my lessons with Trevor were some of the most productive and fun in my life.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Trevor has a very patient, kind and gentle approach. Having no experience with the guitar. He is very knowledgeable and I was playing chords, and even transitioning between them in no time at all. I'd give him my highest recommendation as instructor for all levels of experience and all age groups. Best instructor ever.
· Guitar · In studio Learned a LOT of great stuff in just the past 3 years from Trevor! He started out as my Middle School Guitar Teacher, but wound up being a personal guitar tutor for my brother and myself until this day. Taught me just about everything I know about guitar scales, AND has refined my technique drastically!