- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been teaching guitar and piano for many years in the Metro Detroit area. I have also played professionally in many local nightclub and wedding bands as well as having toured with "Bob Seger" as his lead guitarist/writer/vocalist. I have done recording sessions for "Motown" as well as having studied under "Joe Messina", a legendary Motown guitarist with the original "Funk Brothers." I take great pleasure in mentoring, training and equipping students with the necessary musical skills to achieve at the personal and or professional level according to the specific student's interest, desire and goals. I tailor my teaching methods according to the student's ability and musical preference, and can teach most anything from classic rock, to pop, classical, oldies, jazz, etc. Many of my students have gone on to play at the professional level, and one, in particular, has become a music professor at "Berklee School of Music". Another former student plays with the band: "Thirty Seconds To Mars." I have also been able to assist those students who have a desire to introduce vocals while playing their instrument. I am also able to provide personal assistance in songwriting when needed.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am very easy to get along with during lessons, however I can provide extra encouragement and motivation the student needs based on their specific goals for taking lessons, whether it be for personal enjoyment or for the purpose of making music their career. I believe that learning music can be fun even as a serious venture, and therefore I incorporate humor when appropriate. The curriculum I use includes: "Berklee, Mel Bay, and Hal Leonard" methods for guitar. For Piano I use "Schaum and Thompson" piano methods as well as Hannon for technique. Additionally, I invite students to suggest personal favorite songs of interest of their choosing as a motivational tool to aid them learning from the music that inspires them. I find this very helpful for students in developing a good ear as well as sparking motivation to practice as they learn from their favorite musical artists in addition to learning the fundamentals of the instrument.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide music method books/sheet music etc. Students would need to own and bring their own instrument to lessons. I also provide guitar amplification.
*** Specialties ***
Berklee, Mel Bay, and Hal Leonard blues guitar method's. Schaum piano method. Hannon Technique. Pop, rock and jazz styles.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Guitar · In home Tom is an excellent instructor that obviously loves teaching. I cant wait to see how these lessons help me to develop my Guitar skills
· Guitar · In studio very good first lesson. I have a lot of practicing and learning ahead of me and feel confident Tom can help me. Very nice man and experience. Takes his time to teach at present student's level and patient. Looking forward toward further lessons.
· Piano · In home very helpful for first lesson ever
· Guitar · In home My son said he was a great teacher and already has a better understanding after lesson 1. looking forward to learning more.
· Guitar · In studio Outstanding instructor, makes learning guitar fun. Toms angreat guy with a wealth of experience. Highly recommend
· Guitar · In home An enticing experience. Tom's enthusiasm for teaching guitar, his passion for music, and rich experience doubled by an encouraging smile are an inspiration for any student.
· Guitar · In studio Had my first lesson today and loved it. Tom instantly knew what I need to learn. Looking forward to many more lessons with Tom.
· Guitar · In studio It was a great experience.
· Guitar · In studio He is patient and very knowledgeable!
· Guitar · In studio It was a great first lesson. I'm excited to learn more.