Tina holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education Pk-12 and Vocal Performance from Concordia College, Bronxville, NY. Her 25+ years of experience in education, teaching, music theater, and vocal performance allows each student to reach goals through very creative methods using music and drama. Tina absolutely enjoys teaching and the amazing journey of helping students develop confidence in their vocal abilities and stage presence.
Tina is a two time winner of the Arts for Life Award for Best Actress in a Musical. Some of her favorite roles: Maria in West Side Story, Sally Bowles in Cabaret, Evita in Evita, Liza Doolittle in My Fair Lady and Fosca in Passion.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lesson are 45 minutes which include proper stance, vocal warm-up, breathing exercises, evaluating your voice, creating goals and objectives and combining my goals with your dream goals. Fun atmosphere, great with all ages and teach both men and women. Youngest student in 5 years old. May incorporate piano lessons with your ear training and music theory lessons.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I use a Yamaha pf85 during lessons. Students are supplied with three ring binder and sheet music to begin lessons. Students will be advised which books they should eventually purchase. No need to buy anything to start lessons!
*** Specialties ***
Music Theater auditions, developing vocal techniques - breath control and range, dramatic and engaging performing, dealing with stage fright, discovering your strengths.
· Singing · In home Such a knowledge of your voice and how to develop technique to utilize as a true instrument...
· Music Theory · In studio TINA IS THE BEST! She has gone above and beyond anything I could expect from a music theory teacher. I came to her as an aspiring music education major who loved to sing, but was unsure of anything to do with music theory, piano, teaching, etc. Not only did Tina put everything she has into my lessons, but she really cared about me as a student and as a friend and helped prepare me for all aspects of music, including sharing her experiences as a music educator, lending me music theory and staff paper books, and helping me prepare for auditions. She is understanding, engaging, and hilarious. She spent a lot of time outside of our lessons making sure she was prepared, agreed to meet with me multiple times a week and outside of my lesson time, and even now that I am no longer taking formal lessons with her, she has checked up on me multiple times to see how things were and if she could help with anything. I am ever grateful to have met and taken lessons with her and would recommend her to anyone and everyone in the St. Louis area!
· Singing · In home Tina is a very friendly teacher! She really makes lessons fun. She is great for prepping for auditions. She really knows the industry. Tina has helped me develop better breathing, confidence and performing abilities!
· Broadway Singing · In studio Tina is a lot of fun! I am classically trained in choral and opera music, so I chose to work with her to improve my musical theater singing. In just a few lessons I could already feel a difference in my sound and in my confidence! Tina brings a lot of energy to lessons and even more insight and knowledge. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun and effective way to improve your voice.
· Broadway Singing · In studio I have a strong music background through instrumental music and choral singing. Tina has taught me to be a soloist singer, and my auditions and performances have greatly improved. Tina is highly professional, no doubt, but her best quality in a teacher is her continued support to bring out my best vocal performance possible. I highly recommend Tina for singers at any level because she clearly communicates her feedback and her commitment to her students' success.
· Singing · In studio I am a singer songwriter (in training you could say) and had struggled with singing for years, as I knew nothing other than mimicking and singing along with other songs. Tina has been able to remove some unnecessary mysticism around singing, in my own mind, and focus on progressively improving my songs. Her ear is spot on and always can identify what I'm struggling with.
She will take the time to ensure you are hitting the right notes and does not settle for your second best. Great at helping you understand everyone goes through their own process before the songs can sound great. She has helped tremendously!
· Broadway Singing · In studio I've been casually studying with Tina for the past two years. My former vocal teacher passed away and I was stranded without a trusted vocal teacher. Tina really understands how to utilize the voice without damaging it, or forcing it do what it was not designed to do. She is straight forward with her critiques and gives amazing feedback to better your overall performance. She has built up my technique and opened my mind to a wider range of styles and song choices. Before I met Tina, I would only sing legit musical theater but I've been able to branch out to belting and jazz standards. She even had me start learning the role of Evita! I highly recommend Tina to anyone (beginners to advanced students) who wants to develop their musical theater singing.