Males 16 and up
Timothy , tenor, hails from San Antonio, Texas. Most recently, he was praised by the Houston Chronicle for his depiction of Nadir in Les Pêcheurs de Perles at Opera in the Heights. Soon after that he was engaged to sing for the San Antonio Opera as Ralph Rackstraw in H.M.S Pinafore. In the fall of 2011 he made his debut with Salt Marsh Opera as Elvino in La Sonnambula. Soon after he was engaged with Sparkling City Light Opera as Don Ramiro in La Cenerentola. He began his studies in 1998 at Texas State University where he received his Bachelor’s degree in Vocal Performance in 2001. He is heard in such roles as The Duke of Mantua in Rigoletto, Des Grieux in Manon, Count Almaviva in Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Rodolfo in La boheme; Franz in Les Contes d’ Hoffman, Ernesto in Don Pasquale, Albert in Albert Herring, Tamino in The Magic flute, Ezekiel Cheever in The Crucible, and Beppe in I Pagliacci. He is heard in concert as a tenor soloist in Carmina Burana, and as Obadiah in Elijah. In early 2010 He made his Carnegie Hall Debut as the tenor soloist in Arwel Hughes’ Dewi Sant.
Voice teacher for 7 years at the Bulverde Academy of Music. Also taught voice for both the Northside and Northeast independent school districts. Going into third semester as an adjunct voice professor at San Antonio College.
*** Lesson Details ***
Classical technique is what I teach. Including breathing placement and musicianship. However that does not mean that I try to turn all my students into opera singers. The truth is you can utilize the classical technique in any genre of music. Trust me it will make a difference in your singing. I would be happy to discuss my methods in more detail. Thank you.
For more info visit: www.signaturesinging.com
*** Studio Equipment ***
Office and studio space with seating for parents. He has Dogs.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Its helpful if the student possesses a keyboard or piano but if not i can provide one.
*** Specialties ***
I have been both an opera/musical theater performer as well as a pop musician so I feel I am extremely well versed in many performance styles and how to teach them.
I have ten plus years of experience when it comes to vocal technique.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Opera Voice · In studio Excellent instructor with an emphasis on proper breathing and technique. He is incredibly knowledgeable and conveys tips about vocal placement and breath control in a way that "clicks" with me. I'm an experienced classically trained singer who was looking for a professional to help me refine my instrument and correct some technique issues. I am thankful to have found this instructor. 5 stars!
· Singing · In studio Fantastic vocal instructor and singer! Have seen a ton of growth and development in my voice since beginning lessons with Timothy. Just when I was about to call it quits with the vocal training Timothy helped breathed new life into my singing. Professional all the way. Helped me improve range, tone, pitch, and still more work to be done!
· Singing · In studio He the best teacher for my daughter.u
· Singing · In studio He is awesome. Wow!! what a strong beautiful voice. I feel blessed to have him as my voice teacher.learned a lot today my first day.love him already.thank Tim
· Singing · In home A VERY GOOD TEACHER AND VERY PROFESSIONAL!!!!
· Singing · Online Awesome
· Singing · In home I'm not going to lie, I thought it was going to be one of the hardest days of my life but Mr. B explained and broke down his lesson plan to a point where any can understand, yes it was my first day and all days may not be well paced but I'm ready for the challenge, He's a Magnificent teacher and a Humble individual.
· Singing · In studio We are very satisfied! We've seen plenty of growth. He is a great guide to finding your opera voice. We are very happy with him! Definitely recommend!
· Singing · In studio Learned a lot. Very professional and cool.
· Singing · In studio Professional, Concise with Instruction, Welcoming, Knowledgable, Keeps the Environment Comfortable and Productive. Really glad I chose to go to Timothy Birt.