With classical and jazz guitar studies, with years of collaborative composition in progressive rock and fusion, and with years of solo guitar composing, I have attained a high level of technique, gained a deep understanding of music theory and songwriting, and authored a comprehensive book, "Understand, See, Hear - Become One with the Guitar." My musical journey as a composer and recording artist has always been an expression of my individuality. With many years teaching private lessons, I offer myself as a mentor, to help anyone achieve their voice, their passion, on the guitar.
*** Lesson Details ***
Music is a subjective experience. As a listener, what you love reflects yourself; similarly, what you play reflects yourself. As your mentor, my goal is to nurture your development as a guitar player, as well as, nurture your self-expression through the instrument. With perseverance, your goals as a musician can be attained with each lesson a step in understanding and in motor skills to this end. Always though, the objective is that the musical journey is fun and fulfilling.
*** Studio Equipment ***
separate music room seating for parents
*** Specialties ***
Approaching the guitar holistically, I show how the guitar is organized using templates from my book. Musical concepts such as chords and scales are applied within the guitar's holistic framework and are related to the student's preferred artists/songs. If it compliments the student's learning style, musical notation is used. Styles I specialize in are rock 'n' roll, jazz, and classical.
· Guitar · In studio Tim is always enthusiastic at teaching while obtaining great skills and knowledge of music. He's been always helping and encouraging me. Unfortunately I needed to leave as I'm moving out of town. I would recommend him as your sensei if you are interested in expressing yourself with musical words.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent subject knowledge with obvious desire to teach.
· Guitar · In studio Tim has many years experience and it is clear that he enjoys teaching guitar and sharing this with his student. He is very encouraging. He is currently working with me on emproving some of my techniques and feels that I am making great progress and that it will make a great difference in my gaining a greater mastery of playing the guitar.
· Guitar · In home Teaches in a way that makes it easy and exciting to learn. Tim really tries to connect with you musically and personally to help you with what you want to learn. He also explains in great detail in a way that you can understand. Overall he is a great instructor who puts a lot of effort in helping you with your music goals.
· Guitar · In studio Tim shows sound understanding of music theory. He is very positive and enthusiastic about improving student's knowledge and performance. He usually gives me a lot of ideas to incorporate what your hear and what you play. I really enjoy the lesson with him. Thanks.
· · Excellence.
Tim is an increasingly motivational teacher. He is very consice and teaches with ease. I am easily able to understand and relate to him.
· · Sharon
Tim is a very nice person, very well educated with music. Wish we could have continued Emilys lessons with him. I would recommend him to anyone.