- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a classical guitarist who recently graduated from the Peabody Conservatory of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD as a student of Ray Chester. I began my studies at Peabody with a classical and jazz guitar double major with a computer music composition minor. I have performed in masterclasses with Manuel Barrueco, Sharon Isbin, Andrew York, Lorenzo Micheli, Matteo Mela, Gohar Vardanyan, Adam Holzman, Marcin Dylla, Matt Palmer, Pablo Sainz Villegas, Thibaut Garcia, and others.
In 2014 and 2015, I was selected to perform in the Peabody Conservatory's "Thursday Noon Recital Series", where I performed "Impromptus" by Richard Rodney Bennett, and "Sonata III" by Manuel Ponce. In 2015, I commissioned and presented the world premiere of the guitar duo piece entitled "Sol Negro" by composer Peter Dayton.
For summer 2015, I was granted a merit scholarship to Le Domaine Forget International Music Festival, where I studied with Bruce Holzman. I was a finalist and top prize winner in the 2015 ASU guitar competition. During my last year of study at Peabody, I also studied privately with Matt Palmer, who authored "The Virtuoso Guitarist: A New Approach to Fast Scales."
In 2016, I was granted a scholarship to study at the Aspen Music Festival under Sharon Isbin. I am now pursuing my masters degree under full scholarship at the Florida State University College of Music, where I am also a graduate teaching assistant to Bruce Holzman.
I play and teach classical, jazz, rock, acoustic, and have extensive knowledge of theory, ear training, and guitar technique/pedagogy/fretboard harmony.
Here is an article of mine!
Teaching assistant to Bruce Holzman - private lessons/ensembles
· Music Performance · In studio Tom is a great teacher. I have been studying with him at FSU for a for a few months, and he has greatly improved my strength of sound. He has also helped me work on my musical expression.
· Classical Guitar · In studio Tom is a very good instructor. He is very patient and will work with you on whatever you need. He will find the weak spots in your playing and bring them to your attention. He also never hesitates to compliment you if you deserve it. Tom is also very good at helping you achieve a high level of musical expression. Overall Tom is a great teacher.
· Classical Guitar · In studio Definitely knows what he is doing in terms of playing and instructing. He gives constructive criticism and tips necessary to improve your playing each lesson.
· Classical Guitar · In studio Pushes me to be the greatest guitarist I can be. Helps me by finding music that I like to play for my rep.
· Classical Guitar · In studio Tom is a great teacher; he doesn't let you take it easy and won't stop working or going over something unless you nail it. I always feel comfortable asking him questions too, as he is happy to answer them and always supportive. I look forward to lessons and always leave excited to practice what I've learned from him.
· Classical Guitar · In studio A really great teacher. He's patient and his instructions are concise, easy to understand and straight forward. He taught difficult techniques in a very simple and intuitive way. He has a great understanding of musicality and tone. This understanding also underpins his teaching of the guitar, and is overall one of the biggest reasons I recommend him as a teacher.
· Classical Guitar · Online I am so lucky to have found Tom as my guitar teacher. He is very flexible with planning lessons. I have picked up some bad habits before I met him but he has been extremely patient with me throughout the process of getting rid of the habits. He is a hard working teacher who offers amazing expertise. I only wish I had learned from him sooner.