- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a graduate of Northern IL University with a Bachelor's Degree in Music Education. I have 22 years of teaching experience where I have traveled to the homes. Students enjoy my passion that I have with the instrument.
I started teaching in 1991 and have been teaching several students since then. Attending teacher workshops keep me at a current updated level and I want to help the students learn to the best of their potential.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am very thorough in my teaching, which includes lesson, theory, technique, and performance
methods. I use a very easy, flexible approach when it comes to the kids and their personalities. I expect a lot out of my students, yet still want them to learn and have fun.
After three months with me, they will have learned how my teaching style is and will be able to play several children's songs.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I don't provide any equipment when I travel except their books for the first lesson. I would expect the student to have a well tuned piano or a basic keyboard. The student also needs a notebook so I can write their homework down for them as well as myself to keep track of where the student is in their progress.[
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in teaching Alfred, Bastien, and Faber and Faber. I teach General Music, Classical, Jazz, and Popular. I teach mainly through the method books, and then use other supplementary materials as well..
I travel to the homes where I teach young and old beginners or more experienced students. I have been educating students now for over 23 years. I also have accompanied students in ensembles for middle school and high schools . Also, I accompanied varous choral groups in high school as well as college. In addition, I have played for various church services as well as a few weddings.I
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In home Terri was great! My daughter really enjoyed her lesson!
· Piano · In home Absolutely mind blowing. She was fantastic!
· Piano · In home My 9 year old daughter is on her third lesson with Teresa. It has been a very great experience. Danielle looks forward to each lesson, enjoys her time with Teresa and is progressing at the piano beyond my expectations - I can highly recommend Teresa!
· Piano · In home First day with Mrs. Terry my son was so excited he actually got to help pick what he wanted to play, since he lost his old teacher and summer came he lost alot of theory and timing. Terry is getting him back on track he had alot of fun
· Piano · In home Terri was great with our son! He enjoyed his lesson and looks forward to his next one!
· Piano · In home My daughter truly enjoyed her first lesson with Terri! Terri was so warm and friendly. We are looking forward to the next lesson!
· Piano · In home I have been taking lessons for about 4 weeks now and am thoroughly enjoying the experience with Terri. She listens to where I am, and while she is patient, challenging and encouraging, she also takes into account my schedule and my current life circumstances. As things get more challenging, we take our time, because that's what my life needs. As an adult student, I have a fairly busy life with work and other interests outside my music lessons. I appreciate Terri's flexibility with my pace, and her understanding with regard to each client as an individual with individual needs.
· Piano · In home Teresa teaches my 6 yrs. old piano. She is very patient and flexible. She is able to tailor to his needs adjusting if he needs more review and advancing when he is ready. He has made great progress with Teresa and he is learning the love of music! What more can a mother ask for??
Thank You Teresa!!!
· Piano · In home Anyone young and old will enjoy learning to play the piano with Terri!
Terri is the perfect match when it comes to being my piano teacher. Not only is Terri knowledgeable and professional, she is also very patient and encouraging. She has made me appreciate the challenge of learning the piano by combining technique and theory along with fun and laughter in my lessons. With Terri, the lesson is not over until she makes sure I understand what she has just taught me. She is the best! I am so lucky I found her! I highly recommend her!
· Piano · More people should know about Take Lessons.
My Instructor, Terri, is knowledgeable, patient and flexible. I am a professional, mature student with a super busy schedule who had never played a musical instrument before. Terri has been able to provide the knowledge and encouragement that I need, along with the enjoyment of playing the piano. I could not have asked for a better fit. Terri is valuable to any age group.