- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Unique breathing and vocal techniques, vocal warm-ups, phrasing, coloring the vowels, diction, etc.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 6+
- Teaching since:
2012 - to date Easy Music Center
Piano, Voice, and Composition/Theory Instructor
2012 - 2013 Kailua Christian Church
2008-2012 New Mexico Highlands University
Las Vegas, New Mexico
Assistant Professor of Music / Composition and Theory Chair
2007-2008 School for the Performing Arts
Piano, Voice and Composition Instructor
2004-2006 Core-Age Records & Publishing
Hermosa Beach, CA
Owner of Independent Label
2003-2004 Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics
Piano Department Chair
2002–2003 Community College of Allegheny County
Piano and Voice Instructor
1999-2002 Bermuda Conservatory of Music
Piano and Composition Instructor
1995-1998 University of Pittsburgh
Teaching Fellow (Basic Musicianship)
1990-1992 Carnegie Mellon University
Piano Teaching Assistant
2001 University of Pittsburgh
Ph.D. in Music Philosophy, composition and theory
Doctoral dissertation: Two Musical Settings of “Sonnet VIII” by William
Shakespeare (Stravinsky, Dutoit-Dran: A Comparative Analysis)
1992 Carnegie Mellon University
MFA, composition and theory (Minor in Voice)
1988 University of Arts in Belgrade
BFA, composition and theory with minor in piano
SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS, EXPERIENCES AND AWARDS
· International composer, pianist, vocalist, and songwriter, frequently performing in community programs.
· Founder of Composition Department at New Mexico Highlands University.
· Developed several versions of curriculum and instructional materials that provide the integration of theory and music composition lessons for various levels.
· Strong interest and practical knowledge of Finale and Pro Tools, digital recording equipment, multimedia, and sound tracks.
· Produced five CD’s through Core-Age Records in various styles (classical and
experimental, world and film music, piano music, pop-rock, and new-age).
· University/College teaching experience (1990 - 2012) at the University of
Pittsburgh, Chatham College, Community College of Allegheny County,
Carnegie-Mellon University, and New Mexico Highlands University.
Professor of Music in Composition and Theory. Taught a variety of courses including all Piano levels, Ear-training, Composition, Composition Seminar, Music Theory and other.
Suzuki Piano training in Canada. Not sure about the date.
ASCAP is a membership association of more than 625,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers. We uphold the value of our members’ music, and help them thrive alongside the businesses that use their music every day.
Between piano, music theory, and vocals, I've been a student of Tatiana'a for over 2 years now.
She's a quality educator and does an excellent job ensuring that her students grow in their skill.