- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My primary focus is teaching the best and most effective Vocal Techniques to students of all ages and backgrounds. I also teach Acoustic Guitar and finger picking. My teaching includes the Orff and Suzuki methods of music for Children. My primary focus is on teaching singing and I have been teaching beginning to advanced Voice, as well as beginning to intermediate acoustic guitar privately for over 25 years. My students perform in recitals at least twice a year. They also participate in local Broadway productions and Musicals for C.Y.T., Coast Kids, Moonlight Theatre, Escondido Center for The Arts, J Company, and Star Theatre Productions. Students also are involved with Classical, Choral, Gospel, Pop and Rock performing. Along with these venues, students perform for talent shows at their schools, sing in bands, and perform locally at their favorite venues. Many of my students have gone on to sing professionally and I currently teach Artists with ongoing careers.
My motto is learn to sing the "Easy, Natural Way". I teach the very best techniques, so vocalizing is not strained or difficult. My main focus is on teaching good "placement" of the sound, using the best ways to secure breath support and control, as well as good stage presence. Dealing with stage fright is always addressed, whether the singer wants to sing just for themselves, or audition for Musical Theatre productions. Styles range from pop to rock and opera.
I teach students of ALL AGES and work with every style or genre of music. Having spearheaded the Music program at the local YMCA has been a special treat in my teaching career!
*** Studio Equipment ***
I teach using a piano for learning vocal exercises and good techniques. I also have an acoustic Guitar that I use to teach my students how to play and learn good finger picking and strumming techniques. Using a computer is always employed, to pull up songs on YouTube, so students can choose what they would like to work on. Karaoke versions are used as well, for further training purposes.
*** Travel Equipment ***
When I teach at a student's home, I bring my Guitar with me, if they're studying this instrument. It is helpful for a student to have a piano or keyboard for me to teach voice, but I do have a keyboard I can bring if none is available. Having a computer close by is very helpful, to get the most out of the lesson as is possible.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in helping people who have created possible "bad habits" in their singing techniques. "Placement" and breathing, or "support", are of key importance. When good techniques are used, just about anyone can learn to sing beautifully. I also work with all ages, having background with Children, as well as teens, middle age, and elderly vocalists. Singing is universal, so every ethnicity is included in my student roster. If someone wants to learn to play the acoustic Guitar, this is always a plus, to accompany ones-self, or to focus on the instrument on it's own. Singing and playing should be "easy" and this is the approach I take in teaching.
Founded in 1863, the California Teachers Association has become one of the strongest advocates for educators in the country. CTA includes teachers, counselors, school librarians, social workers, psychologists, and nurses. These educators in the K-12 school system are joined by community college faculty, California State University faculty, and education support professionals to make CTA the most inclusive and most powerful voice of educators in the state.
· Singing · In studio My daughter loved her first lesson. Susan was great with her. Looking forward to seeing her progress!
· Singing · In studio Susan is a gifted teacher who brings out the best in her pupils. She is always very positive.
· Singing · In home Susan is amazing. She is very knowledgeable and very encouraging. She patiently explains proper singing technique in different ways until it finally clicks. I have really enjoyed taking lessons with her.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Thank you for your patience and going at our pace!! Great lesson
· Singing · Online Susan is so patient and great with my 7 year old. She is professional and an amazing teacher.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online It's not IDEAL to hold a lesson over Skype but we don't have instructors in our area. Susan makes up for it with her positivity, her inviting personality and knowledge, and her patience with both my little girl AND her technologically-challenged mother :) My daughter is excited to learn the instrument now.
· · Susan has changed my life for the better! I started lessons when I was sixteen years old, seven years ago, and at that time I was in two choirs at my high school. I felt I needed to start lessons because I had a passion for singing and also I wasn't happy because I wasn't getting chosen for any solos at my school and I wanted to be more challenged. After my first lesson with Susan I knew she was exactly what I was looking for: a teacher who taught proper technique that made it really fun and challenged me because she knew I had wonderful potential. I tried six different teachers before her and not one was even half as amazing as Susan! My voice was growing so fast within the next couple years and when it came time for college I joined the choir at CSUSM and was their top soloist for the four years I attended there. When it came time for college graduation I was selected to sing the National Anthem, a huge success in my singing career. Lately I have been using all my teachings from Susan in musicals and concerts and I am now an elementary school music teacher! I wouldn't have been able to get to where I am without Susan. Susan teaches amazing technique that is healthy and fun! I still take lessons to this day because you can never stop learning and growing. I still find surprising things in my voice that I haven't heard before because Susan challenges me and she cares about every student and knows the potential one can have if you stick with it and are passionate about singing. Never in my life have I met an educator quite like her. Susan is a loving, caring, passionate teacher. And lets be honest, she knows what she's doing!
· Singing · In home I love Susan and her love and art for singing. She comes to our home once a week and trains my daughter, and teaches her more than singing. She teaches her confidence and courage to express herself through her voice. I have seen a dramatic change with her singing, and love to watch her perform during the recitals. Not all singing instructors have recitals but Susan transpires recitals and it is so magical to see you child blossom on stage. Thank-you Susan for all that you do, and your hard work with our children. It shows you really care.
· Singing · In studio Susan has been an instrumental element in daughter's choice of vocation. She has provided an excellent combination of structure and nurture in the methodology of vocal instruction. She is patient and consistent and those qualities have allowed my daughter to find her voice and flourish. My daughter has been her student for 7 years and now has gone on to pursue opera instruction in college. I highly recommend Susan, you couldn't find a more supportive individual who loves her job as well as her students.
· Classical Voice · In home Susan Fisher is a wonderful teacher! She is positive, kind and very encouraging. She is an excellent musician and my daughter has learned so much from her. Susan has given my daughter the confidence to sing in front of an audience as a soloist. It has been a great experience to meet and work with Susan Fisher.