- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Our lessons will be laid-back, encouraging, and productive. We will work together to help you achieve your goals and gain a well-rounded music education, regardless of age or musical background.
I am passionate about sharing musical knowledge with others and believe that the most important aspect of teaching music is creating an environment that is encouraging, fun, and individualized for each student. I have over 7 years of experience teaching piano, theory, and guitar to students of all ages and musical backgrounds.
Above all, our lessons will be about learning what you want to learn, no matter the genre. Curriculum for our lessons will draw from variety of methods. These include theory, ear training, sight-reading exercises, body mapping, technique, improvisation skills, composition, and songbooks.
Students who are interested to do so will have the opportunity to perform at spring and winter recitals.
I graduated from Berklee College of Music in Boston with degrees in Performance and Audio Engineering. I have studied with extraordinary musicians and teachers such as Ray Santisi, Jennifer Elowsky-Fox, Doug Johnson, Yakov Gubanov, Tibor Putszai and Suzanna Sifter.
Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions or if you don't see a time slot available that works for you! My schedule changes frequently and is often flexible, so we can likely work something out.
Teaching and designing curriculum for private lessons and music classes in elementary schools to children aged 5 and older.
Mixing, mastering, post-production editing.
Teaching music theory, piano, guitar, and audio engineering.
· Guitar · In home Summer was a well organized instructor, highly skilled at adapting a lesson to the level of the student, which in my case was very low. She was thorough in her instructions, and provided detailed explanations as well as suggestions to increase the ability to grasp and retain the material. The material she crafted to leave behind for practice seems appropriate to build skills and confidence. Overall, an excellent instructor.
· Guitar · In home A knowledgable musician. Summer has gone to College for music and you can sense this right away.
· Piano · In home Summer is fantastic. Wonderful with our children. Great patience. She crafts a tailored yet demanding curriculum.
· Piano · In home Summer is such a fantastic, experienced teacher! She is wonderful with teaching children who are brand new to piano (mine are aged 6 and 8), and who are across the spectrum of motivation. She tailors the lesson to their ability and finds fun ways to teach note-reading, rhythm and music theory. Already my kids have jumped in their music skills. I couldn't recommend her more highly.
· Piano · In studio Summer is a fantastic teacher. As a not-quite-beginner who has been frustrated by teachers in the past that always seem disappointed by my progress or adhere too strictly to a specific teaching methodology, Summer has been a breath of fresh air. She's an exceptionally talented pianist, has guided me through some pieces i couldn't hope to have negotiated on my own, and I'm already seeing the benefits of her guidance on technique and musical theory. Genuinely the best piano teacher I've had.
· Piano · In home Very knowledgeable teacher! Im looking forward to my future lessons!
· Piano · In home Summer is wonderful! She figured out very quickly exactly what we needed to work on to get to my goals. She is friendly and on time. Highly recommended.
· Guitar · In home Summer is the best. Always prompt, super positive and incredibly helpful.
· Piano · Summer has been a great teacher
I used to play piano, but hadn't played in about 8 years. I decided to start up again and Summer has been great at getting me back into the swing of things at a good pace. Highly recommended!
· Guitar · Fantastic Instructor
Summer is an outstanding guitarist and a phenomenal teacher. She goes above and beyond to tailor lessons to my own musical liking and goals. She is extremely patient and really sets a tone that is conducive to learning.