Steven E. is an American guitarist, pianist, singer, educator, producer, and song writer. Steve currently is a music director at CrossPoint Community Church. He also is a former member of Christian pop-rock group Press Play playing for thousands of people in Los Angeles, Ca. Steve holds a degree from one of the best contemporary music schools. At Musicians Institute he had an opportunity to study and play with some of the best teachers and students studying an eclectic array of musical styles. Learning from players such as Scott Henderson, Alan Hinds, Alex Machacek, Paul Gilbert, Chris Broderick, the list goes on.. During that time he produced several records. He also worked on projects for members of Melissa Ethridge as well as mixing projects for jazz virtuoso Marcus Singletary. Steve is also an educator giving music lessons for beginners to professional musicians.
Music director, lead sing, guitar, and piano. Direct band.
Studied extensive piano and vocal training
· Piano · In home Steven has been working with my daughter in piano and singing. The first lesson he discussed with her what she'd like to achieve, and they set goals for them to work towards, which I love. My daughter really enjoy's working with Steven and practicing piano is no longer a chore for her. He's teaching style is a great fit for her, and in 4 weeks she's learned more from Steven than she has from other instructors we've had. I have no trouble recommending Steven.
· Piano · In studio I would like to say Steven was an amazing piano teacher for my 5 year old and he really was able to teach him a lot of the basics and some neat tunes. He is great with kids and with my child being 5 and needing a lot of patience it was really a breeze for Steven to teach and keep his attention during the lesson. He is definitely a natural at what he does! I am very satisfied with Steven and his style of teaching. He is a well deserved five star rating and I can not wait till my son gets to start guitar lessons with him in the future.
· Piano · In studio Steven is an awesome teacher. He is extremely knowledgeable and will have you playing actual songs in record time! He also adjusts to your learning style to make learning the instrument easier. I recommend Steven to aspiring piano players of all ages and abilities!
· Piano · In home First lesson was great. My wife and I like where it is headed. I think we will benefit from Steven's style.
· Guitar · In studio He's great..point me some basic stuff but already send me homework to practice. I being in guitar classes long time ago when I was a kid(now 38yrs) when got bored with more paperwork then practice and never went back, but Steve give me the basics and now already practicing. Very patience and knowledge. Looking forward to keep it up for good now!
· Piano · In studio Steve is an awesome teacher and very patient. He has a vast knowledge of music theory and is great at figuring out a difficult piece. He is also extremely patient and calm, all characteristics of a good teacher.
· Guitar · In home Steve is unreal. I know I made the right choice picking him to be my teacher
· Guitar · In studio Steve is terrific. His lesson plans teach the fundamental skills while keeping my son interested with relevant music. My son loves to practice and looks forward to seeing Steve. My musical career was ruined early on with intense study of music theory. Instead, my son is learning to express his love music by playing. The theory can come along later when he's older and his love of playing and skills are well established.
Highly recommend lessons with Steve.
· Piano · In studio Steven is a very knowledgeable instructor with piano and music theory. He was very patient, allowed me to pick my own music, and very accommodating with my schedule. I would recommend Steven to anyone looking for a personable and knowledge instructor!
· Guitar · In studio Steven was kind, considerate (seriously listened to my guitar goals and concerns), very knowledgeable about music and the guitar. I am glad I met and chose him.