Steve was born in Joliet, IL and at the young age of 10, he discovered his love of music. A music program for his class with “live” musicians playing real instruments ignited his life long vocation. From that day to this, his fascination with music has only gotten stronger. After 5 years of accordion lessons Steve began to take an interest in the guitar and started taking lessons. Through the years Steve has not only developed a love for the guitar, but the love of teaching the guitar. At 22, he got into his first road band and spent the next 8 years playing concerts sharing the stage with many of the great “name” bands on tour as well. Bands such as Blood, Sweat & Tears, Sugarloaf and Iron Butterfly are just a few to mention.
When he came off the road Steve and his brother opened a music store and he began teaching the guitar. Steve keeps the student in mind and creates a way to make the lessons fun and interesting. When Steve was offered a gig as Billy Joe Royal’s guitarist it was back on the road. Steve has also done road work with such notables as The Classics IV and Archie Bell. After the tours Steve opened a recording studio and for many years he played on many artists original songs playing guitar, keyboard and bass guitar as needed, as well as doing the engineering on the tracks. During this time Steve began to rekindle his love of teaching guitar and began accepting students again. Steve says, “Teaching is one of the most enjoyable aspects of music”. When he finally closed the studio down he maintained a number of students and still does. Today, Steve also performs regularly with The Erin Hill Band.
· Guitar · In home Steve is teaching my six-year-old to play acoustic guitar. He is extremely patient and encouraging and also offers excellent advice on equipment etc. He's also very punctual.
· Guitar · In home He is very patient, knowledgeable and has taught quite a bit to my 12 year old boy. I am very happy.
· Guitar · In home Great teacher! Great with kids and on time.
· Guitar · In home Sam really liked Steve and enjoyed the lesson. Can't wait till next one!
· Guitar · In home Steve arrived at our home on time. He was very patient and helpful working with me as a beginner. He seems to really enjoy teaching people to play the guitar. I felt very comfortable with him immediately. He seems to quickly modify his instruction based on how much I could already do and how quickly I picked up on new things (or not...) I am looking forward to my next lesson!
· Guitar · In home Excellent teacher, listens to my sons random spurts and very patient! Looking forward to many many more lessons with Mr. Steve!
· Guitar · In home My first lesson with Steve was VERY productive. I learned 6 chords and a song to practice. He re-awakened my love for the guitar and is helping me to accomplish a goal within myself. First impression- Steve is down to earth and approachable and will challenge you. We jumped right in and he pushed me right up to my capabilities while inspiring to push even more. I can't wait until the next lesson and am motivated to practice and work really hard in between so we can both get the most our of the time.
· Guitar · In home My daughter loved Steve! We can't wait to see how great she plays the guitar with more lessons from him!
· Guitar · In home Steve has been patient and professional. Always on time and with his lessons I am constantly improving!