- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, I'm Stephen. I am an Actor, Singer-songwriter, Recording Artist, and Career Consultant.
I teach voice lessons, coach audition prep, and explore songwriting. My specialty is pop/rock, on camera, and helping songwriters find their voice, both lyrically and sonically.
As a vocal technician/trainer I've been teaching/training for 15 years and my focus is building, strengthening, and conditioning voices to unleash your authentic vocal timbre.
I have been singing since I was 3, anything and everything from Michael Jackson to Elvis Presley to Luciano Pavarotti. Originally from Colorado, I studied music/theatre, as well as vocal pedagogy at The University of Colorado at Boulder, where I graduated with highest honors. I made my Broadway debut in "The Phantom of the Opera" at age 24. I also performed in "Chess in concert" as a featured rock tenor soloist at the New Amsterdam Theatre on Broadway with Josh Groban. I have understudied and performed lead roles in the first AEA National Tour of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s "Whistle Down the Wind." Regionally, I have played many lead roles all over the United States in productions including "Les Miserables," "Miss Saigon," "The Wild Party," and "She Loves Me."
As an ASCAP recording artist, currently I am working in the studio with a full production team on my first pop/rock/neo-soul album. I also often sing on demos for producers and write songs for other artists in many different genres.
As a TV/Film actor, I have booked lead roles in 4 SAG-AFTRA short films, as well as the comedic lead in a SAG-AFTRA Web-series. I was called back for producers as a Series Regular for "The Knick," an episodic series produced and directed by Steven Soderbergh on Cinemax.
My audition prep will help you master your sides for any playing space; Broadway plays/musicals and especially on camera.
My TIYA clients range from Broadway and aspiring Broadway performers, Film and TV actors, singer-songwriters, news anchors, dancers, comedians, CEO's all over the world, as well as karaoke enthusiasts, and songwriting hobbyists.
My TIYA members have performed on television in Smash, Glee, and venues around NYC ranging from The Underground, Le Poisson Rouge, Drom, Cornelia Street Cafe, Arlene’s Grocery, to the Broadway productions of Ghost, Sister Act, Evita, Wicked, West Side Story, South Pacific, The Phantom of the Opera, and Rent to name a few.
I was a "belter" when I was a kid, trained classically for 6 years, and my journey has led me to create my own unique method combining speech level singing with bel canto techniques. You will see/hear/feel immediate results.
My passion is storytelling: ACTing (on camera), and songwriting, especially pop/rock.
*** Lesson Details ***
We will always work on whatever you want.
For Singing, as a vocal technician/trainer I am like going to the gym for your voice. My exercises are safe, simple, and most importantly, I teach you how to practice correctly.
For ACTing, we can explore both the foundation itself with monologues and scenes, as well as the tricks of the trade mastering the camera frame and how to create memorable auditions for TV/Film.
For Songwriting, we can explore the fundamentals of both lyrics and music, as well as catchy hooks, production, and song structure.
You may use my time however you wish (Voice, Acting, Songwriting, or Artistic/Career guidance).
Most vocal sessions will usually be a combination of strengthening/ conditioning exercises, and then exploring/performing a song.
Most ACTing sessions will be theatre monologues, TV/Film sides and/or On camera auditioning craft.
Career consultations usually include how to get an agent, headshots, branding, and marketing to align your artistic dreams with a strategy for success.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Yamaha PSR 950 61-key arranger keyboard
Sony Handycam DCR-SR 100
Fovitec Studio PRO - 5' x 6.5' Gray/Blue screen
MacBook Pro 13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display
Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar
Bose Wave Music System
iPhone 6S plus
*** Specialties ***
SINGING ACTING SONGWRITING CONSULTING
The vocal training method is uniquely my own as it combines both Bel Canto and Speech Level Singing. Emphasis is on developing a relaxed, released, authentic vocal timbre to sing in any style. Concepts explained and explored in my masterclasses and private lessons include: Coordination, Registration, and Intonation. Specifically, Chest, Head, Edge, and Pharyngel registration, released, relaxed resonance, 2 instruments in 1, aligned posture, breath management, vocal cord adduction, trigger phrases, vocal placement, ring, consistency, and much more.
I graduated with highest honors from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a degree in both music and theatre. I have been very fortunate to perform on Broadway, National Tour, and play regional leads all over the United States. Recently, I have played lead roles in 4 SAG short films and last year I went to producers for both HBO and Cinemax series regulars. I am also currently working on and producing my own pop album.
My studio is a community that teaches technical, professional, and artistic development. I created Tap Into Your Artistry out of my own innate passion for stories, the mystery and joy of the human voice, and my love of singing, acting, and songwriting. My studio embraces a Zen like spirit with an athletic mentality.
AEA performer in THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA on Broadway
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Broadway Singing · Online
· Singing · Online
· Acting · In home Stephen was extremely profesional and totally delivered on his promises. Exceeded my expectations!
· Acting · In studio Very personable. I think he got me in a second. Great work!
· Singing · Online Stephan is so far a pleasure to work with. Great pleasure to work with!
· Singing · In studio I had been singing for over a decade before taking my first lesson with Stephen. I had never had a singing lesson before and was unsure how they would go or even how much they would help me. Within the first five minutes I knew I had made the correct decision to go with Stephen. He broke the voice down in a way that made total sense to me, and allowed me to focus on the individual parts of the voice before putting them all together. After just 3 lessons, I am already starting to feel a difference in breath support and confidence in hitting softer notes, two things I have always struggled with. I fully intend to continue working with Stephen to grow as both a singer and an actor. Would highly recommend to anyone from beginner to professional.
· Songwriting · In studio I learned alot on the first hour lesson. Stephen made it easy for me to grasp the basic fundamental of song writting.
· Broadway Singing · In home Wish I met Stephen sooner. Can't wait to see him again!
His lesson proved valuable, and I look forward to his teachings.
· Singing · In studio Stephen is a very thorough singing teacher. After 5 lessons, I know so much more about singing than I even thought there was to it. I already feel like I improved a tremendous amount, and I have fun in his classes. My range increased, my breath management improved, and the quality of my voice is also much nicer. I can only recommend Stephen.
· Singing · Great teacher
Stephen is a great teacher and wonderful guy. He is thoughtful, articulate, creative, reliable and passionate. I would highly recommend him for any of the services he offers.