- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Stephen. I am a trained martial artist and self defense instructor with over 20 years teaching experience. I work hard to make sure that I teach my students in an informative, fun and effective manner and work with students of any skill level. I cater the training to the individual student and their needs. I take great pride in watching my students develop their skills and get better and better as their training progresses.
My other skill set is in video production, photography and HDDSLR film making. I have worked on corporate videos, medical, editorial, ENG, and independent films. I have extensive experience with a wide variety camera systems
I teach the Thursday evening Krav Maga/Self Defense class at East Village Martial Arts.
Videography, multimedia presentation support, networking , computer set up, photography and tech support for medical conferences.
Camera operator and video editor for Live It Up! tv show (local long island television program)
Working in a wide variety of productions including: corporate, editorial, and live event production.
The school and system I have been with since spring 1989. Due to my previous martial arts experience I started helping out as an assistant instructor in September 1991.
My first official martial arts experience.
· Krav Maga · In studio I had been trying to find a private Krav Maga instructor in the city for ages, and they were few and far between. I finally came across Stephen, and I'm so happy I did. He's a fantastic teacher! He has an extensive history in Krav Maga, Ninjutsu, and Self-Defense, and it immediately becomes clear that he really, really knows his stuff. He's friendly, professional, and patient, and he really wants to see his students succeed. I give Stephen 5 stars, and I highly recommend him to new and veteran students alike!
· Krav Maga · In studio Stephen is a great instructor to work with. He is able to clearly communicate how to perform techniques and explain the reason it is useful. I previously took lessons elsewhere in Krav Maga, and I quickly was able to see that Stephen offers a more rounded teaching style that does not only focus on one area. I definitely recommend him as an instructor.
· Self Defense · In studio Stephen has a wealth of knowledge and breaks it down so its easy to understand. He really pulls together training techniques and concepts so they are applicable in real situations. His mat work with falling and rolling techniques are top notch. As a bonus, he's a good person. I'll be in for another lesson soon!
Thank you Stephen!
· Ninjutsu · In studio Very positive experience, Stephen is knowledgeable in the art and a clear instructor.
· Krav Maga · In studio Stephen is an great teacher. He is very knowledgeable on martial arts and makes learning self defense fun. He takes his time and ensure each student understands the techniques taught. Also advises which techniques will best work for each student. I definitely look forward to learning more from him!!
· Krav Maga · In studio Stephen was extremely prepared for the lesson, had a wide range of skills to draw from and excellent communication skills- explaining clearly what I was to do and showed me in detail how to achieve the result he was talking about. I felt extremely confident after the lesson that I could use the skills he taught me without hesitation. On top of that, he had a pleasant and even (appropriately) jovial manner that kept me from being intimidated by the material. I plan to study more with him and would highly recommend anyone interested in serious study contact him.
· Self Defense · In studio Stephen is a great instructor. His abilities and extensive knowledge is clearly undeniable. He is responsive to each student's individual needs. He is extremely patient and kind in his approach to teaching his students which I really appreciated. I would highly recommend Stephen every time!
· Krav Maga · In studio Great classes! Stephen is really knowledgeable about martial arts and works closely with students to teach specific techniques in a way that is easily understandable for both beginners and students who have been training for years. I'd definitely recommend this instructor!
· Self Defense · In studio Stephen is a great instructor. He was very patient and takes the time to listen to each student as well as their individual needs. He's able to adjust the lesson to your needs. I've even learned recently as I'm now pregnant that I can still take classes for things like getting out of holds ect that are very useful. I've enjoyed the classes thus far and feel I've learned a lot, as well as got a great workout. I highly suggest you give it a shot! It's all levels and will keep you interested!
· Self Defense · In studio I absolutely love your lessons. I have learned so much its unbelievable. I am able to defend myself in any circumstance, whether its being held at gunpoint, being choked, being held up into the corner , or even a person stealing my electronic devices. You are a reality based instructor, and that's why as a female I'm able to defend myself.