- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a career musician, and conservatory trained violin, piano and vocal instructor with over 25 years teaching experience, and a resume spanning many pages. I also am a well endorsed composer. Furthermore, I LOVE teaching! I am a competition judge, member of National Music Teachers Association, and Suzuki Association of the Americas. I have proven results, as documented on my students YouTube channel. With my instruction, you will learn quickly and most importantly, correctly, saving you time and resources as you reach your musical goals. Fact: One of the only activities that activates, stimulates, and uses the entire brain is music, so let's get started!
Some people have difficulty reaching a teachers' studio. For this reason, I have perfected my ability to teach via Skype or FaceTime. It is an advantage for my students to be instructed by a quality teacher. It's worth a try, isn't it?
Please note: I only accept weekly lesson students. Also, due to my performances, I'm not always able to this calendar up to date....so when you request a lesson time, allow me to communicate with you, if we need to adjust it a bit. It almost always works out if you don't mind doing that.
*** Lesson Details ***
All the students on my Student YouTube channel who have studied under three years, are practicing 2 hours a week, and you will have a similar result. That's 20 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Students under 5 practice about 10-15 minutes a day.
Please have an assignment book that lies flat, and keep it next to your music books as you practice between lessons. My instructions are very detailed to insure your best progress.
*** Studio Equipment ***
For on-line lessons, you will need a quiet place, and please test your sound and video prior to beginning of lesson. For students under 13 or so, do have a parent or caregiver taking notes while we work together.
*** Specialties ***
I have much experience with various learning styles, and in fact, am featured in a documentary made of one of my autistic students.
What I bring to my teaching is EXPERIENCE. Years of it! You name it, I've done it. Even teaching a blind man to play piano! When a student needs to make music, I find ways to make it happen. I love to help others create beauty, improve their intellect, and empower themselves in learning the language of MUSIC!
I was teaching violin to large classrooms, both the 3rd and 4th grade. Additionally I assisted in the orchestra of the 4th grade level.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc. is the not-for-profit organization officially licensed to support, guide, and promote Suzuki education in North, Central, and South America. The SAA was founded in 1972 and currently has about 8,000 members.
Mu Phi Epsilon (ΜΦΕ) is a co-ed international professional music fraternity. Today, Mu Phi Epsilon has chapters both nationally and internationally. The fraternity supports achievement in music through the awarding of grants and scholarships, as well as music competitions, concerts, and summer music programs. Much of this work has been supported by the Mu Phi Epsilon Foundation, an organization that has been in existence since 1963, as well as fundraising and donations.
· Fiddle · Online Excellent teacher..Stephanie is so patience. .looking forward to more lessons with her.
· Organ · Online I began taking on line Organ lessons with Stephanie in July of 2016. She is an excellent instructor. She makes you want to learn and do your best. She is very patient and explains things very well. She asks that you practice 20 minutes a day. Since she inspires you to improve and do your best, it is easy to practice longer than requested. She has brought joy back into my life through music. I am very grateful.
· Violin · Online I had taken lessons locally for several months and was very frustrated. I was given a color coded sticker and sheet music to get me playing fast however I actually wanted to learn to read and understand music.
On a lark I found Stephanie on the takelessons site. We scheduled a call where I explained my experience, frustrations, and what I wanted to accomplish. I honestly did not think online classes would work. Was I wrong!! It takes great skill in verbally correcting bow holds, etc. and Stephanie is terrific. Before I was told to practice but I never knew HOW to. Stephanie assigns specific tasks, # of time to repeat, and duration for homework. She is so friendly and easy to work with. I would recommend her for any age or skill level??
· Viola · Online My son really enjoyed the lesson and he start to practice daily.
· Organ · Online I really enjoy my lessons with Stephanie. She is well organized and very patient. I find my lessons very enjoyable and look forward to accomplishing the tasks she sets for me.
· Violin · Online The first lesson was a little stressful for my daughter but Stephanie made her feel comfortable and not overwhelmed.
· Violin · Online Stephanie was an INSTANT "hit" with our Granddaughter. She had a great time for her 1st lesson, and can't wait to practice this week, and grow in skills.
· Singing · In studio Worked on breathing techniques, and helping with sounds this session. Very professional
· Singing · Online What a fun experience. She made me feel good about my singing ability and gave me some really useful exercises to help me improve.
· Singing · In studio She was great. Taught me the fundamentals & told me what to work on, looking forward to knowing the fundamentals of singing with Stephanie