- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- June 2009
Sophie has been teaching piano lessons both privately and in a group setting since the summer of 2009. She is available to teach you either online, or at your home.
Sophie received her Bachelor of Music degree in Classical Composition from the Manhattan School of Music in 2012, with a minor in Piano. Sophie is currently pursuing a career as a singer-songwriter.
Sophie looks forward to helping you reach your musical goals and understands that the approach to teaching is different for every student. With her classical background as well as jazz influences, Sophie looks forward to working hard with you while having fun. Some lesson topics might include: learning how to play a song YOU love, learning fun chord progressions, and understanding how to get better at playing piano.
I gig at varied venues around Philadelphia with original material.
• Taught beginner/intermediate piano lessons, ages 6 and up (children and adults)
• Lesson topics included: learning to read music, hand placement, musical patterns, phrasing and meter
• Directed all musical activities at camp; taught ages 5 – 16
Musical activities included: making instruments, piano lessons,
songwriting, interactive musical games
• Accompanist for the camp musical; rehearsed with and coached the cast
• Taught beginner students, ages 9-17
• Lessons incorporated sight-reading, ear-training, playing duets, understanding and developing both the fundamentals
of piano as well as a love for music
Accompanied orchestra and chorus at Central High School.
Accompanied services at Society Hill Synagogue on piano.
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.+ Read More