I am a graduate of Conservatory of Music in Iran. I have been playing piano since I was 6 years old. My background and training is in classical music but I am very comfortable working with students who are interested in popular, jazz, broadway or new age music.
I am also a kindermusick educator which gave me the opportunity to work with babies and moms introducing the notion of music and rhythm to them with singing and introduction of instruments.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am classically trained and I start by introducing some theory and notes to students. We will start playing songs from the first lesson. My goal is to keep the lessons fun and exciting. I am very laid back and love to have fun with the students. My background is in music and I have worked with toddlers as well as older children. I am very patient and flexible with my students. I would like them to play what interests them. I do offer
annual recitals which is a good motivation for the kids to work hard and earn trophies and medals. Students can expect to have great sight reading as well as be able to play basic songs after 3 months.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons are held in my private studio or in students' homes
*** Travel Equipment ***
Piano or Keyboard
*** Specialties ***
I use the classical approach to teaching. I start by introducing notes and familiarizing students with notations and dynamics as well as theory of music and proceed by teaching them songs
Worked as piano teacher, Kindermusik educator for babies and mommies and also served as a preschool teacher for city of Beverly Hills
The ATA was founded in 2001 and has since certified over 6,000 tutors. In addition to creating standards for the industry, the ATA also provides a host of support services to professional tutors.
· Piano · In studio Yesterday was my daughter's first lesson, and I was a little worry if she would able to follow the instructions since she is only 4 years old. Teacher Simona was great my daughter. Her instructions were concise. My daughter did great and importantly she really enjoyed it.
· Piano · In home Simona is a fantastic teacher. She is very patient and effective instructor. I can not believe the progress I have made with her. I feel extremely lucky to have her as my teacher. Highly recommend her.
· Piano · In studio Simona is an amazing piano teacher. She is very patient and loves to teach all of her students. She makes all the lessons really fun and is very calm while teaching. I have been playing the piano for several years with her and highly recommend lessons with her.
· Piano · In studio Simona had been teaching piano to my daughter for several years.
She is profesional and loving and caring at the same time. she is patient and does not mind to repeat a lesson over and over. My daughter has a very good memory of taking piano lessons,
Thanks to her.
· Piano · In home I take all three of my kids to Simona and they absolutely love her! They each have learned so much with her and I'm amazed at how great they have become at piano. They genuinely love playing and look forward to class every week!
· Piano · In studio Simona is the best teacherI have ever had. Prior to Simona, I had a teacher for three years that never properly taught me how to read notes. Once I began with Simona my sight-reading became effortless. She is the most helpful and incredible teacher I have ever had. I am currently mastering 15 page song that I never would have dreamed of doing before. Amazing teacher!
· Piano · Great teacher, ideal for Persian music
Simona has a no nonsense style, is always focused on the student and eager to make the best use of your time. She was great for helping me clean up some songs I was working on even though one of them was definitely outside her usual range.
When it came to Persian/Iranian classical style music, I learned more in a couple of sessions than I ever learned on my own.
I would highly recommend Simona.