- Teaches students:
- Ages 18+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- January 2009
Shuai Ren is a Chinese musician based in Los Angeles. She received her Bachelor's Degree from Renmin University of China and her Master's Degree of Public Policy from University of California, Los Angeles. She is currently studying film scoring in UCLA.
Shuai started playing piano and singing since age 5. She has been participated in many large scale events, especially in organizing choirs to perform in and outside China. Her chorus used to perform in National Centre for the Performing Arts, the Beijing National Indoor Stadium and China Central television.
Shuai has composed music in a wide range including documentaries by China Central Television since she was in high school and over 100 songs including choral songs, A Capela and pop songs. Shuai has also arranged many classic songs such as “My heart will go on” and “You raise me up” as choral music.
• Studio intern in Remote Control Productions, which is film composer Hans Zimmer’s company.
• Studio intern in Sacred Tiger, which is film composer Henry Jackman’s company.
• Composed music for the feature movies in China
• Composed music for the documentary A museum and a city
• Composed music for the documentary Shijingshan - The iron memory
• Transcribed music for the Grammy winner composer Alex Geringas
• Composed the song Love You for Millions of Years, A Folk Song Called Hongyan, Life Long Gentle for Chinese maestro singer Han Lei
• Composed the song The Symphony of Life for Chinese maestro singer Dilber and Ding Yi 2016
Lecturer of Music Education Forum
• Exploration on University Students’ Creativity Development from Public Music Education and Interdisciplinary Subjects (Researcher and Lecturer)
• “The Charm of a Cappella” (Researcher and Lecturer)
Learning piano with Shuai is such a great experience! I'm getting better and better playing piano thanks to Shuai!!!
Shuai is an amazing teacher! I enjoyed taking lessons with her. Very patient and explains everything super clearly.