Shuai Ren is a Chinese musician based in Los Angeles. She received her Bachelor's Degree from Renmin University of China and her Master's Degree of Public Policy from University of California, Los Angeles. She is currently studying film scoring in UCLA.
Shuai started playing piano and singing since age 5. She has been participated in many large scale events, especially in organizing choirs to perform in and outside China. Her chorus used to perform in National Centre for the Performing Arts, the Beijing National Indoor Stadium and China Central television.
Shuai has composed music in a wide range including documentaries by China Central Television since she was in high school and over 100 songs including choral songs, A Capela and pop songs. Shuai has also arranged many classic songs such as “My heart will go on” and “You raise me up” as choral music.
Studio intern in Remote Control Productions, which is film composer Hans Zimmer’s company.
Studio intern in Sacred Tiger, which is film composer Henry Jackman’s company.
• Composing music for the feature movie The throne of eastern women
• Composing music for the incoming exhibition Empress Dowager Ci Xi in Bowers Museum
• Composed music for the documentary A museum and a city
• Composed music for the documentary Shijingshan - The iron memory
• Composed music for City promotional film Wait for me, Fuyang
Song Writer & Singer
• Composed the song Love You for Millions of Years, A Folk Song Called Hongyan, Life Long Gentle for Chinese maestro singer Han Lei
• Composed the song The Symphony of Life for Chinese maestro singer Dilber and Ding Yi 2016
• Composed songs A Lament in Flowers, Missing Home for Chinese Tibetan singer Jamyang Dolma
• Composed the song Papa, Love Me Again for Chinese singer Wang Zhengzheng
• Released personal album Ave Maria
• Released personal album A dream or not
Commander of the University Choir
Led the chorus to perform in concerts, such as the one in the Grand National Theater and the one in Beijing National Indoor Stadium conducted by Joe Hisaishi.
Conducted, organized the choir and won the National level first prize for excellent art performance twice.
Composed many choral pieces and performed in the concerts. Arranged several songs into choral music.
Lecturer of Music Education Forum
Exploration on University Students’ Creativity Development from Public Music Education and Interdisciplinary Subjects (Researcher and Lecturer)
“The Charm of a Cappella” (Researcher and Lecturer)
Coordinator of the Prime Time News, CCTV (China Central Television). Evaluated the news priority, gathered information and edited the videos.