- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Originally hailing from the frozen wastelands of Anchorage, Alaska where I made my living teaching music to interested polar bears, I moved south in search of warmer climates over 6 years ago. Utilizing a diverse musical background and a deep knowledge of theory I strive to provide my students with a unique and tailored lesson plan to help them realize their wildest musical dreams.
As a songwriter and performer for over 20 years I have worked with punk bands, jazz bands, traditional Irish folk bands, psychedelic jazz punk, and as a solo classical performer including performing with the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra, and for the world famous Romero family during their Anchorage masterclass.
My students can expect to learn classical technique and composition, but applied to the music that motivates and stimulates them. I want my students to love playing more than I want them to pass recitals.
I was selected as an intern to work at Hans Zimmer's Remote Control company for a standard 6 week term. There I got to sit in with composers and engineers as they worked in many different capacities from sampling, mixing, composing, mastering, and recording - learning a lot about what it takes to create music for today's blockbuster movies.
I worked as a mastering engineer for Warner Music's archive department through the company Craigman Digital. There I made the master versions of over 4000 music videos and concert specials for use in online distribution and archiving - including music editing mastered versions to replace audio from old archive videos that were being re-released. There I was exposed to music from all over the world and met and interacted with many of the people who work behind the scenes to make it happen.
There I taught guitar primarily as well as piano to a wide range of students. Held bi-annual recitals and helped prepare students for high school auditions and college entrance theory exams.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
The Society Of Composers & Lyricists is an organization consisting of Hollywood's professional motion picture, Television, and multimedia music composers, songwriters and lyricists, with histories in the art of scoring for motion pictures and television. Many of its members have won or been nominated for Oscars, Emmys and Grammy Awards.
· · Scott has such a passion, knowledge and love for music and it shows in everything he does. He is also patient and genuinely enjoys helping others fulfill their potential and reach their goals. He never ceases to amaze me.
· Music Theory · Online Scott tutored me in music theory online and I believe it was his clear and thorough explanations of a wide range of theoretical concepts which helped me not only pass but excel in this area of my music degree. I highly recommend his tutoring services to anyone struggling in this area of music.
· · In studio Scott is extremely talented and passionate about music, the impact it has on people, and it's legacy.
· Arrangement and Composition · Online Scott is a masterful teacher. He has the ability to listen and understand where his students’ learning curves are and adjust his lessons accordingly. He can teach at a level appropriate for each student and keep an interesting lesson each week. Scott is also quite creative in composing! I highly recommend him.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home A few years back I hired Scott to teach me guitar. He was awesome instructor and taught me a good base of knowledge to continue growing as a Hobbie player. I would highly recommend Scott to anyone looking for guitar lessons.
· Classical Guitar · In studio If you are looking to take your playing to the next level, Scott is the perfect choice for instruction. He is a master at all things guitar and a true talent. I have played with Scott a few times now and I always leave motivated to keep practicing. His calm demeanor and easy going style, inspires confidence and his technical mastery of his instrument, will keep you coming back to learn more.