- Teaches students:
- Ages 18+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- February 2011
Sarah Emaline M. has been teaching private lessons since 2011 and is currently available to teach lessons online. She has been performing since she was a little girl. Currently she is an actor at Arkansas Art Center and in the rehearsal process for the next two musicals. Last summer she was a company member at Trumpet in the Land in New Philidelphia, Ohio. If you are local she would be more than happy to teach you in person, however if by I am able to do it on video cam. (FaceTime, Skype)
Sarah graduated from Lees-McRae College in May 2017 with her BFA musical theater and minor in art and design. She is very well trained in musical theater, especially voice. She is also able to teach sign language, she studied ASL at Northern Virginia Comm. College. She looks forward to helping new students achieve their goals and helping them do so in the way they learn best. Every lesson will include warm ups and vocal exercises, also we will work on different songs and build up your repertoire.
You can learn more about her theater work by sending a message here, through TakeLessons!
After our 2nd lesson, Sarah sent me a picture text of her and her cast in full costume, while on set. Sarah was in a cow-suit. It was then that I realized I have a pretty dope singing teacher lol.
I was drawn to Sarah’s profile because her prices fit my college budget, and her fun personality radiated through her photos. They show how much she seems to love and enjoy musical theater and performing, and I really liked that!
So far I’ve only had three full lessons with her, and I freakin love them : )
1. Sarah is incredibly patient and understanding.
I missed out on our very first lesson because I had written down the wrong date. I felt so bad but she was really nice about the mishap and even sent me an overview of the lesson plan. I ended up filling out some questions so she could get to know me better for our next lesson, and so that the first lesson wouldn't go to waste
– thank you again Sarah!!
2. Sarah has an incredibly down-to-earth and welcoming personality that creates an environment in which you feel comfortable and relaxed.
It’s been very easy to let loose more and more with each lesson. That’s not to say that these lessons are easy. I feel relaxed but always challenged : )
3. Sarah wants the best for you and is there to encourage, aid, and push you towards becoming the singer that you have the potential to be!
She is always asking for my feedback on whether or not the advice she gives helps me better understand the vocal exercise/warm-up. She is very creative and has me engaging with my mind and body when I sing, like visualizing air fill into my body as my rib cage expands, or squatting as I reach for a high note so that my mind isn’t intimidated by it.
She is always giving me tips throughout our lessons and reminding me about all the things I need to think about and engage with while singing – stand tall, feet planted on the ground, use our “singer’s breath (through the diaphragm), engage with the resonators in my head and chest and avoid those in my nose, etc. Sarah always references to and shares with me any tips she’s received through her own vocal teacher or what she’s learned through singing/vocal workshops she’s been to. She’s full of experience and knowledge!
4. We meet through Facetime but that doesn’t stop Sarah from being able to read my facial expressions and sense when I’m holding back. I'm still learning and struggling with our vocal exercises and she always senses my hesitation, so she would repeat them again until I’m ready to attempt them. She knows when I’m holding back even when I may not be aware of it myself, and she’s always encouraging me to be more confident with my singing and voice. I really appreciate that! Please know that the quality of the lessons are amazing! Sarah never fails to catch the times I sing through my nose, forget to breathe, and my incorrect vowel sounds.
Every lesson I’ve had so far with Sarah has been really helpful and fun and I’d seriously recommend her to any beginner out there that wants to learn about/improve on their vocal technique!!!