Sandra began her training at the Settlement Music School in Philadelphia. She is a two time recipient of the Mario Lanza Award, and holds a B.M. degree in opera from the Philadelphia College of Performing Arts. She studied acting at both the Wilma and Walnut Theaters in Philadelphia. In New York, she studied Shakespeare at the HB Studios, and received on-camera training at the Weisst- Barron Commercial School. Sandra is a member of Actor's Equity.
Sandra was engaged for seven years at Theater des Westens in Berlin, Germany, where she performed extensively in Musicals and Operetta. She also toured throughout Germany with the ensemble "Operetten Express". In the U.S., Sandra has toured nationally with "Man of La Mancha" and "Carousel", and has performed leading roles in many regional theaters. She also performed in the Off-Broadway Musical "Mamaleh". Sandra has performed in over fifty productions of Musicals, Operetta, and Opera. Some of her favorite roles include: Aldonza (Man of La Mancha), Desiree (A Little Night Music), Marguerite (The Scarlet Pimpernel), Antonia (The Tales of Hoffmann), and Lauretta (Gianni Schicchi).
Most recently, she has performed the role of Lynn Fontanne in Ten Chimneys at Old Academy Players, and played one of the principal roles in Jacque Brel Is Alive And Well and Living In Paris at The Steel River Playhouse.
As a director, Sandra has staged operas for Center City Opera Theater, the Delaware Valley Opera Company, Boheme Opera New Jersey, and the New York Metro Vocal Arts Ensemble. She is currently singing concerts with the vocal group "Touch of Classics", and can be seen in commercials for Time Warner, Cuisinart, The Skooter Store, and Aspercreme.
*** Lesson Details ***
Our lessons will be relaxed and informal. My goal is to make you the best you can be. We will work on giving you a solid vocal technique so that you can approach any style of music with a good foundation. We will also work on learning to read music, and most importantly work on songs that will bring out the actor in you.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Small studio, keyboard, seating provided (couch), street parking
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in musical theater, classical, and opera. I can also teach German and Italian diction. My acting experience is mainly in musical theater.
Paid vocal soloist
for church services.
Performs with the vocal ensemble in concerts, cabaret, and Christmas caroling.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Singing · In home Sandra is WONDERFUL! I walked out of my first lesson with a big smile on my face. She was knowledgeable, patient and very supportive! I can't wait to go back for my second lesson.
· Singing · In home Sandra is teaching my nine year old grandson. From day one he came back from his lessons thrilled to be singing. In addition, Sandra is teaching him to read music. At nine years old he is like a sponge absorbing all of this and Sandra is doing a great job providing lessons and challenges.
· Singing · In studio Excellent music teacher and very accommodating
· Singing · In studio Sandra is an amazing teacher! My daughter loved the lessons with her and she was nothing but wonderful each and every time. I sincerely enjoyed her patience and how well she worked. Sandra is a very talented individual and that talent can be seen in the lessons she gives. Thank you so much Sandra!
· Singing · In home Sandra is so amazing to work with! She is patient and very knowledgeable. I would recommend her for anyone in the area who is looking to take singing lessons!
· Singing · In studio Sandra is a lovely woman. She is a wonderful teacher, my daughter just loves her. She is well worth the drive. She has a beautiful voice !!
· Singing · In home My son is 16 and has been taking lessons with sandra since November of 2014. Sandra not only focuses on singing techniques to build your support and vocal strength, but also helps with understanding sheet music and acting within a musical piece. She is extremely personable and friendly. She has helped my son expand his vocal range, and she taught him vocal techniques to use to develop his voice. My son does musical theatre, and Sandra has taken a significant amount time during each lesson to help him sing the songs comfortably and understand the acting stand point in each song. She is a great teacher for him.
· Theater Acting · In studio My daughter is 14 years old and we needed some help with an acting role for her school musical. Sandra was wonderful, in a brief time she was able to help her understand that it is important to own the role. I feel as though my daughter came a long way. My daughter did get the role that she auditioned for in her High School play and she is only a freshman. Thanks very much Sandra!
· Singing · In studio I am a private student of Sandra’s and have been studying singing with her for two years. I decided to study with Sandra because I know that she has a lot of professional experience on stage. I am mainly interested in musical theater, and Sandra has helped me find suitable songs for my voice. She works on breathing and building a solid technique which one can rely on. She has also helped me to develop as an actor, so that I feel completely comfortable with performing. I would highly recommend her.
· Broadway Singing · In studio Sandra is my 5 year old daughter's singing/acting/piano instructor. We have been going to Sandra for the past 6 months and I am astounded at my daughter's progress! Sandra's level of patience and her ability to teach while making it fun has helped my daughter tremendously! She has more confidence and she is more controlled with her voice. She has also learned to express what she is singing about through facial expressions. Sandra's guidance has given my daughter an advantage in her endeavors. I would highly recommend Sandra to anyone!