Born to an award winning conductor and music teacher, I was exposed to music at a very early age. With my father’s supervision, I began my piano and ear-training at the age of three. At age four, I joined the Yamaha musical after-school program and engaged in group lessons. As I got older, group lessons gave way to private instruction as I learned and played piano passionately through my childhood.
I was born and raised in Hiroshima, Japan and left my native land in 2006 to the United States to better my education. In school I studied general music, with an emphasis on piano. Additionally, I have also studied Early Childhood Development and Education.
*** Lesson Details ***
I tailor my lessons depending on the age and experience level of my students, but in general I believe in the Suzuki method as one of the tools for first steps. The Suzuki method is a very well established philosophy of learning that focuses on ear and practical training. By training ear and musicality while learning proper finger position, the child improves without spending too much time at the start learning note reading.
As the child quickly progresses I music theory and reading follow.
I am a passionate teacher and believe in the musical potential of all students. I am eager to work your child to help unlock their abilities and motivation. It is my view that communication is a two-way road and it is excited to provide instruction while properly communicating with her students. Through this, I can overcome each individual’s obstacles and also enhance their inner strengths. With the right instruction, developing the right motivation, and of course practice, she feels every student has the potential for great success.
*** Specialties ***
Classical, Jazz, Modern, Traditional
· Singing · In home Our first lesson was great! Sachie got a feel for where Danchi was at and made a plan to teach three areas: theory, technique and ear training. Sachie knows what she's doing!
· Piano · In home Sachie is a very good piano teacher. She is always on time and gives feedback on kid's progress everyday. She is dedicated to her profession and in very sincere.
We are thankful that she is our daughter's piano teacher.
· Piano · In home Sachie is friendly. Good communications. On time and flexible. My two kids just started their first piano lessons with Sachie and they love her so far.
· Piano · In home Sachie was professional and friendly. Good communication,flexible and on time. My kids like her.
· · She's awesome! Very soft spoken, sweet and encouraging towards the children. Definitely recommend !
· Piano · In home Sachie taught my daughter Piano. She was very easy to work with. She tailors her teaching in consultation with the parents. For example, during the school year my daughter was not keeping pace with 5 homeworks a week. I spoke to Sachie, she adjusted it to 2 per week and my daughter was learning more. The reason that Sachie is not teaching her any more is because we moved and it's too long a commute for her. Otherwise, I'd happily have her as my daughter's piano teacher.