- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Woodwind specialist Ryan hails from Aurora, Colorado, and is based in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. He is currently pursuing his Doctor of Musical Arts Degree at the University of Colorado, where he serves as the Graduate Teaching Assistant for the saxophone studio. He also holds a Master of Music Degree in Saxophone from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, and graduated summa cum laude from Colorado State University with Bachelor’s Degrees in Music Performance and Education. An extremely in-demand private instructor, Ryan's students have been selected to principal chairs in such ensembles as the Colorado All-State Band and Jazz Band, Northern Kentucky Honor Band, Cincinnati Youth Wind Ensemble, and many more. Equally comfortable in classical, jazz, popular, and sacred settings, Ryan has shared the stage with Fareed Haque, Matt Wilson, Greg Gisbert, The Lettermen, and many others. Ryan performs regularly with the TomaScoyk Duo, the Black Diamond Quartet, and the Promethean Quartet, whose debut album "Through Adam's Fall" was released in 2013. Ryan's newest recording project, "Somewhere Between," will be released in early 2016. Equally split as a performer and educator, Ryan is an energetic and innovative teacher, as well as an experienced music arranger and recording engineer.
• Recording engineer for student recitals, auditions, and demo recordings.
• Extensive use of Logic Pro 9 for recording, editing, and mastering.
• Recorded and mastered several full-length CD’s, including the Promethean Quartet’s debut album Through Adam’s Fall.
• Organizes performances and auditions, as well as managing the group’s finances.
• Developed the group’s educational outreach program, including at 5-state tour of performances and masterclasses for students from sixth grade through graduate school.
• Arranged several new works for this ensemble, including a quartet reduction of Percy Grainger’s iconic band work, Lincolnshire Posy.
• Saxophone, clarinet, and flute lessons, and well as instruction in jazz improvisation
• Taught for the elite CCM Preparatory Department, 2012-Present
• Studio includes up to 16 elementary, middle, and high school students.
• Students given the opportunity to perform in solo and chamber recitals several times throughout the year, including a regularly rehearsing quartet for the most advanced students.
• Woodwind Specialist for Grandview High School, Cooper High School, and Huntington High School
• Directed and performed with a 10-piece ensemble during the alternative worship service.
• Incorporated jazz and Latin influences into traditional worship music.
• Organized rehearsals and communication between band members.
• Arranged music for special events, including a fundraiser for wildfire relief in Northern Colorado with a gospel choir, band, and horn section.
• Oversaw the safekeeping of approximately 150 male students.
• Assisted in developing the inaugural RMSMC advanced institute, which included coaching a chamber group and teaching lessons for 12 of the most advanced students.
• Taught jazz classes, and conducted sectionals and rehearsals.
• Performed with the Faculty Jazz Ensemble and Saxophone Quartet.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
The North American Saxophone Alliance is an organization made up of individuals who share a common interest in the saxophone. Members include professional performers, university professors, public school teachers, students of all levels, and others who have an interest in the saxophone. In addition to the Alliance's emphasis on disseminating information concerning the saxophone, the organization also works to provide opportunities for its members to make music, fostering fellowship among saxophone enthusiasts of all ages and backgrounds.
Verified Student · Saxophone · In studio
Verified Student · Flute · In studio
· Saxophone · In studio
Ryan’s personality was a great fit for my son. He’s very professional, while being completely approachable, patient & encouraging, and his love of music is passed along to his students. His versatility & broad knowledge of musical genres allow him to introduce new directions for his students to explore. With Ryan, my son studied classical compositions and also deepened his interest in Jazz. The chance to work with Ryan on his improv skills was very valuable to him...it brought a new level of confidence & comfort to his playing.
I would recommend Ryan to anyone looking for a private music instructor, either for themselves or for their son or daughter!
· Clarinet · In studio
· Saxophone · In studio
· Saxophone · In studio
· Saxophone · In home