I have been teaching private piano lessons for 10 years, beginning in 2006. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education and Music from Millikin University where I studied vocal performance, piano, and music education. I am also a professional vocalist and perform at local churches. I look forward to working with you and sharing the joys of music!
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight - Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.
I am a driven, professional music teacher with experience in piano instruction across versatile student groups and classroom settings. In addition, my qualifications include a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education and Music Performance from Millikin University.
In addition to takelessons.com, my most recent and current positions are in piano and vocal instruction at The Ancona School, Offbeat Music, Piano Trends and Avanti Music Academy. During the course of my teaching experience, I have always strived to help my students achieve their highest potential. There is nothing more fulfilling for the student and the teacher alike than seeing improvement and elevating the level of skill in music performance. In the different types of classroom settings, I maintain a productive environment, while remaining approachable to my students for discussions about their music advancement. My communication skills enable me to easily connect with students, parents and colleagues.
Thanks to my educational training at Millikin, I am comfortable with teaching not only musical concepts but also performance, reading and aural skills. My educational background has given me a solid understanding of teaching music and my on-the-job training has provided the experience of working with students of all ages and abilities. Working one-on-one with students or in groups, I utilize various methods or styles and prepare students for performance by organizing and facilitating recitals or performance opportunities.
The non-profit Early Childhood Music & Movement Association (ECMMA) believes appropriate, purposeful music and movement experiences enhance early childhood development and seeks to support early childhood music and movement practitioners by providing resources, advocacy, professional development, and collaboration opportunities.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.