Ross has been teaching for five years in both a school environment - in which he helped develop a performing arts department from the ground up - as well as private lessons, where his students succeeded musically and theatrically, having performed on Broadway, Off-Broadway, with the Rockettes, and on international tours. His teaching philosophy is simple. Everyone can sing, most simply don't know how.
As a performer himself, Ross is a singer, actor, and photographer who graduated from the prestigious New York University with a Dual-Degree Master's of Music in Vocal Performance and Vocal Pedagogy. He has performed across the country regionally and on tour, in such iconic roles as "Marius" in Les Miserables, "Jack" and "The Baker" in Into the Woods, "Roger" in A New Brain, and "Anthony" in Sweeney Todd.
Proud member of Actors' Equity.
Private vocal instruction to students across the gamut NYU schools.
Private voice lessons.
Private voice lessons and a cappella group direction.
Worked with the teaching branch of the Metropolitan Opera to facilitate choral programs in Boston area schools with no or insufficient music programs.
Developed a performing arts program including offerings of private instrumental and voice lessons, band, karaoke, photography/photo editing, short film production, special effects editing and more.
Post-graduate degree in anatomy, physiology, function, and application of vocal instruction.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
· Singing · In studio Helps me really understand my voice and how to improve. Very friendly and fun.
· Singing · In studio Ross was great and my wife and I are working with him for a coming singing event.
· Vocal Training · In studio I highly recommend taking voice lessons with Ross! I took lessons with Ross for just under a year when he was teaching in the Boston area. First, I was in an a Capella singing class Ross taught. In a short time, he had our group working together well to make good music. Ross is a very positive and encouraging teacher and could always zero in quickly on exactly what we needed to work on to improve our sound. I also took private voice lessons with Ross, and he helped me to successfully prepare an audition for a summer vocal program. As a private teacher, I always felt like he was always able to help me identify a couple of strategies to fix any problem I was having, so I grew a lot as a singer. He has a wealth of knowledge about musical theater, and helped me to really understand the piece I was working on, so I could make my performance come alive. I felt like he really cared about my vocal development and I learned many things that I will always use when I sing.
· Vocal Training · In studio Ross is a fabulous vocal teacher! After spending months working with Ross, I learned a lot about myself and my voice...like learning how to use my voice as an instrument. One of the best things Ross encourages through his teaching style, is the importance of singing the correct way, without straining your voice. Ross is a great person to work with. He takes the time to explain concepts thoroughly and makes sure that you understand. Ross is very personable and makes lessons enjoyable for the student. I strongly recommend Ross for anyone who wants to increase their proficiency in vocal performance!
· Vocal Training · In studio My daughter took voice lessons from Ross for just under a year, before he moved to New York. Not only is he an incredibly talented performer himself, he is a very effective teacher as well. My daughter was immediately comfortable with Ross and his teaching style and made great strides in a relatively short period of time. Ross is a knowledgeable and encouraging instructor. I highly recommend him, especially if your interest lies in musical theatre. I only wish he still lived in Boston!