- Teaches students:
- and Ages 6 to 80
- Teaching since:
- February 2007
I began my formal study of piano at the age of five. I also studied violin, viola and tap dance during my youth. A very close friend and I founded the Young Senators, a R&B dance band which played throughout the Washington DC Metropolitan are. The group eventually became the “back up” group for Motown’s Eddie Kendricks, of Temptations fame. Throughout my career, I've performed with some celebrated music and movie stars; Cab Calloway, Esther Rolle, Brock Peters and Cecily Tyson, to name a few.
In the late 90s, worked for Jordan Kitts Music, providing (group and private) piano instruction for 3 year old up to adult seniors. My lessons were designed to build cumulative sequences of musical experiences that fostered continuous growth in musical understanding, skills, and knowledge with a focus towards contemporary and traditional keyboard harmonies.
In 2000, I worked for the Jewish Primary Day School (Grades K – 6), where I introduced the conceptual structure of music, focusing on melody, rhythm, and harmony and their expressive and stylistic organization. Program objectives included: 1) ability to listen with discrimination, 2) ability to sing on pitch within a limited range, 3) ability to play simple rhythm and melodic instruments, 4) ability to interpret music through body movements, impersonations, and dramatizations, and 5) ability to associate symbols of musical notation with musical concepts.
Today, I perform professionally and provide private online and offline piano instruction for children and adults.
* Provide full spectrum of musical instruction including online music education products, live private piano and jazz performance instruction and piano sales services.
* Created piano instruction video series.
* Implemented an e-commerce marketing strategy for online sales and education services, including sample on YouTube, many with over 100K views.
* Provided acoustic and digital piano sales services for Schaeffer’s Piano, Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center and Oren Music.
* Develop, deploy and analyze customer interest and satisfaction to identify trends in product demand and preferences.
* Modify multi-media applications to expand client-base to assure long-term profitability.
Under the supervision of Ms. Lori Williams, implemented lesson plans for all choral classes.
* Chose, rehearsed and provided piano accompaniment for selected vocal materials.
* Rehearsed choir for in-school and Kennedy Center performances.
* Participated in special classes for high school students with disabilities, attention deficits, autism and other special needs.
* Taught the basic fundamentals of piano performance and keyboard harmony.
Assisted with the creation and implementation of daily lessons that accommodated multiple intelligence, aligned with the District of Columbia state standards.
* Introduced age-appropriate music and movement to children of all ages and multicultural backgrounds.
* Instilled a sense of music appreciation and encouraged students to expand their interests.
* Developed strong working relationships with all students to make certain that they felt welcome, at ease, and appropriately challenged within the classroom.
Ron has been my piano instructor for the past three years. I find him to be very knowledgeable in jazz as well as classical music. He goes above the allotted time to ensure your understanding of instructions, and maintains a professional demeanor at all times, even with wit in his oral approach. I would not hesitate to recommend him for piano instruction at all levels!+ Read More
Mr. Worthy has a lot of knowledge to share, and I'm looking forward to future lessons. Great teaching style.
"Smooth operator!" Mr. Worthy has a smooth, "jazzy" personality that shows through his performance and teaching style. Looking forward to my next session.