- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
*** Specialties ***
Hi, I'm Robin and have been teaching voice, piano and music theory/composition for many years. I have had a professional career in singing, songwriting and performing, beginning at a very early age. I welcome new students and love bringing out the best in every individual. I also specialize in vocal audition preparation, bringing the student to a higher level of performance, ready to impress and make a great presentation when auditioning. I've had several students audition for The Voice and America's Got Talent, as well as numerous local productions. Below I'll go over a few things I consider very important with a few of the subjects I teach.
For voice lessons, I specialize in teaching what the student has a desire to learn, together with great technique that will last a lifetime. I emphasize breath and diaphragm control, flexibility and range extension.
For piano lessons, I combine great technique with a lot of music theory. For piano lessons, I do require the student having 24-hour access to a piano or keyboard. It's nice to have an 88-key, weighted key digital piano or keyboard. If you don't have an 88-key instrument, you want to strive for that. I prefer the student own a 'real' piano, if possible.
When it comes to composition/music theory, I love making it easy to learn, so it is never overwhelming. Learning theory properly can open up a whole world of songwriting. Having a heavy background in composition, I love the creativity that can happen utilizing the tools of music theory.
I can teach students with some special needs. Please use the tool "Ask A Question" to correspond with me more about this. Thanks. Also, I do have 45-minute slots available, it may just not be reflected in my schedule, as the calendar doesn't allow me to show 15-minute time increments. I also have a rare time slot! An every other week time slot on Monday from 1:45 to 2:15. This is a rare occurrence, so if you are interested, I'd grab it ASAP. If any questions about my schedule, please just shoot me a question, I'll we'll talk about it!
My home studio is a fun, relaxed atmosphere and even though I focus heavily on technique, we're always going to have FUN learning and enjoy what we're accomplishing! Please keep in mind that when you schedule with me, I can only hold a time slot for one week for you. Also, if you are under 18 years old, you MUST have an adult sign up and pay for lessons for you. Thanks and I so look forward to meeting you!
THE TRADE was my original alternative-rock band I had for over 13 years. We toured regionally and gained commercial and college airplay throughout the country. I also promoted and marketed my band.
Also, I have performed since age 15 and been in numerous types of bands over the years.
One of my favorite things to mention is co-writing "I Will Run" with Channel 3's Health Anchor, Monica Robins, for Cleveland's famous breast cancer event, Race For The Cure.
I teach a variety of subjects including piano, voice and music theory with emphasis on performance and personalization. Audition preparation is something I especially enjoy teaching because it helps the student meet a goal.
For beginners, I recommend lessons that are one-half hour; and forty-five minutes and forty-five minutes to one hour for intermediate student levels.
Through a vast network of instructors, I can also help students learn about marketing/promotion and how to create an image for themselves and their musical project(s). I also work very closely with top-notch recording and video studios, so it's easy to create a professional CD for a musical project or for audition.
Come enjoy the learning experience!
A little bit about me:
- performing professionally since the age of sixteen (voice/piano);
- studied voice; composition; and fine art at The University of Akron and Kent State University;
- had my own alternative-rock band for over thirteen years. My band toured locally and regionally and charted in the Top 10 charts in every radio market in which it our music was promoted (college and commercial stations);
- appeared on several newscasts and radio station talk shows (including the renown Mitch Albom show);
- received distribution of my music for retail sale in Best Buy, as well as, world-wide sales through CDbaby.com.
- have written, recorded and co-produced three of my own CDs, as well as, appeared on numerous compilation CDs. The CD, "I Will Run" was co-written with Monica Robins (Ch. 3, Cleveland Health Anchor) for The Race For The Cure, Cleveland, Ohio. I am also very proud to announce that my first CD, "Into The Dark Rains" is going to be in the Northeast Ohio music archive at the internationally known Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
To give the gift of music is one of the greatest gifts one can receive! I am so looking forward to meeting you!
· · In studio My grand daughter really enjoyed her classes.
· Piano · In studio Robin is an amazing piano instructor. As an older beginner, she has really been positive and encouraging. Robin really knows what each of her students require to be successful. I highly recommend her as an instructor for any of your endeavors.
· Singing · In home I so enjoyed my lesson and can't wait for the next. Even with one lesson I have more confidence in my singing
· Singing · In studio Very attentive, and caring!
· Piano · In studio Absolutely fantastic teacher! Very attentive and she knows what she's doing, both piano-wise and teaching-wise. She's also a great person to talk to. Highly recommend!
· Piano · In home Warm personality and great teacher!!
· Piano · In studio Robin was great! i learned a lot and had fun in the process. Highly recommended.
· Piano · In studio Robin is an excellent and talented instructor. She is very patient and kind.
· Vocal Training · In studio she is really nice teacher, very helpful
· Piano · In home Robin was wonderful to work with. She is very patient and a great person. Anyone would benefit from the opportunity to learn from Robin.