*** Specialties ***
I specialize in teaching what the student has a desire to learn and great technique combined with a lot of music theory, for those taking piano and/or composition lessons with me. For piano lessons, I do require the student having 24-hour access to a piano or keyboard. It's nice to have an 88-key, weighted key digital piano or keyboard. If you don't have an 88 key instrument, you want to strive for that. I prefer the student own a 'real' piano, if possible.
THE TRADE was my original alternative-rock band I had for over 13 years. We toured regionally and gained commercial and college airplay throughout the country. I also promoted and marketed my band.
Also, I have performed since age 15 and been in numerous types of bands over the years.
I teach a variety of subjects including piano, voice and music theory with emphasis on performance and personalization. Audition preparation is something I especially enjoy teaching because it helps the student meet a goal.
For beginners, I recommend lessons that are one-half hour; and forty-five minutes to one hour for intermediate student levels.
Through a vast network of instructors, I can also help students learn about marketing/promotion and how to create an image for themselves and their musical project(s).
Come enjoy the learning experience!
A little bit about me:
- performing professionally since the age of sixteen (voice/piano);
- studied voice; composition; and fine art at The University of Akron and Kent State University;
- had my own alternative-rock band for over thirteen years. My band toured locally and regionally and charted in the Top 10 charts in every radio market in which it our music was promoted (college and commercial stations);
- appeared on several newscasts and radio station talk shows (including the renown Mitch Albom show);
- received distribution of my music for retail sale in Best Buy, as well as, world-wide sales through CDbaby
- have written, recorded and co-produced three of my own CDs, as well as, appeared on numerous compilation CDs. The CD, "I Will Run" was co-written with Monica Robins (Ch. 3, Cleveland Health Anchor) for The Race For The Cure, Cleveland, Ohio. I am also very proud to announce that my first CD, "Into The Dark Rains" is going to be in the Northeast Ohio music archive at the internationally known Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
On another note, I'm also a photographer. If you or your child needs a decent headshot or a promo shot for a band, I can handle that, too!
To give the gift of music is one of the greatest gifts one can receive! I am so looking forward to meeting you!