- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
New students accepted for Summer 2017 only!
I am a Music EC-12 Certified Educator with a degree from The University of St. Thomas and a Masters of Music Education from Texas Christian University.
My previous career roles include being Children's Choir Director for All Saints Catholic School (2015-16), instructor at Cool Cats, and General Music Educator for Stafford Elementary School in Stafford Municipal School District (2011-15). My education experience covers many schools and programs in the Houston area, including various HISD schools as well as working for the University of St. Thomas Music Preparatory school as vocal, ukulele, bass guitar, music history/theory, and piano instructor.
My background in music is mostly vocal, working with choirs and ensembles my entire life. I have also spread my abilities to work with Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano, ukulele, and voice. I have many experiences with different genres such as American Folk Music, Jazz (Early to Fusion), and contemporary Rock/Pop, World Music, Christian/Worship/Catholic Liturgy, Rn'B, and Country music.
As an Music Educator, I have the strengths of being a distinguished musician and Professional educator which provides me with advanced knowledge in my field of study and interest, teaching for every age group from pre-school to Adult as well as influencing the fun, creativity, and expression of music no matter what the instrument.
*** Lesson Details ***
The music lessons will consist of a concise and strong education of their instrument as well as essential theory and history. I develop individual lesson plans for each student and subject, working on formative goals and objectives to work towards for every lesson and throughout the year. I look forward to being able to help students accomplish and enjoy their instrument, utilizing their interests and genres with a variety of texts and literature at many levels, looking to always expand my own collection to meet the needs of the students. I am comfortable with providing digital and paper materials as well as providing recordings and video studying resources with YouTube. I know in my heart and mind that I have something to offer to any student at any level in my studio, and, I am equally as passionate about providing an honest atmosphere for evaluation and positive criticism. With every lesson I always encourage brief reflection over the practice, study, and instruction, responding to every critical juncture that comes along the way. Being a certified educator and music instructor, I know that respect, understanding, honesty, human emotion, communication, and professionalism are the most critical components of a healthy Teacher-Student relationship.
Over 3000 Lessons taught with Takelessons.com since 2010
*** Studio and Resources ***
I have the necessary tools to operate in and out of my studio. Within my workplace I always have my electric keyboard, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, music library, printer/scanner, recording equipment, full sound system with mixer amp, guitar amp, microphone and stand, tuner, music stands, iPad stand, and comfortable space and seating. I also have expanded my studio capabilities that is an entirely digitized database and curriculum.
I expect for the students to provide their own instrument so that they are able to practice at home. I operate on MAC OS and IPad systems that maximize the technological uses of my in home studio.
Be prepared to learn more than you ever anticipated as I provide many resources. I also push for supplemental music instruction within the lessons, adding basic training and music learning skills needed for accompaniment instruments such as the acoustic guitar, ukulele, and piano which allow for students to have a stronger understanding of their music.
I have operated my private music lessons studio in Houston since my senior year at The University of St. Thomas in 2010. I have managed a variety of students of all ages, utilizing in studio, online studio, as well as travel studio to student locations. I have taught in several cities of the Greater Houston area as well as in the Dallas-Fort Worth and Arlington regions where I currently reside.
I work at several music education camps featured at my alma mater, The University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas. I have worked several positions through this institution, including instructing Piano, Guitar, and Ukulele in addition to conducting for the inaugural MPS Children's Choir in UST University Singers Winter Concert in December of 2010.
Graduate Assistant to Music Education Department Working under Dr. Sherri Neill
Part Time Choir director at PK3-8th grade school
I loved my awesome school, go Stafford Spartans!
Begun in 1920 as the Texas Band Teachers Association, the Texas Music Educators Association is an organization of over 10,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA is comprised of five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. On behalf of its members and Texas schoolchildren, TMEA carefully monitors the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction in Texas. In addition to many member benefits, TMEA offers professional development opportunities for its members with Region workshops and especially with its annual Clinic/Convention. TMEA supports the future of music education by offering scholarships to music education majors and by sponsoring the Texas Future Music Educators, an organization through which high school students interested in careers in music education learn more about what to expect in their college education and future careers.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Very very patient and hands on.. everything was in order and he was also very thorough
· Ukulele · In home On first meeting, Robert is easy to get to know. We discussed what my skills were and what to work on. All went well.
· Singing · In studio Robert worked magic on my daughter. She went from a mocking bird to a nightingale.
· Ukulele · In home Robert is GREAT!
· Ukulele · In studio We had a great 1st lesson! Robert is great with kids ! My son left his lesson saying "Well that was fun! I can't wait for my next one !"
· Singing · In studio Robert achieves the perfect balance between encouragement and constructive criticism to drive improvement. I have already learned ways I've been singing wrongly and have learned new ways of singing correctly. I have a new excitement about singing and want to continue taking lessons.
· Guitar · Online I'm just learning to play guitar. I am very comfortable learning from Robert and am enjoying it!
· Guitar · In studio My 4.5 y/o daughter is loving her weekly guitar and ukulele lessons with Robert. He is kind, patient, and "makes the lessons SO fun" (a direct quote!) In just five lessons, she has learned several chords, and can play a couple of nursery rhymes. My daughter is excited to practice at home, and is excited to learn more from Robert. I can't thank him enough for making her first experience with music such a pleasurable one.
· Singing · In studio Perfect. Look forward to continue learning with Robert.
· Singing · In studio Robert is a really positive teacher who helped me learn a lot about my voice as someone who had never taken voice lessons. I really enjoyed my lessons with him!