- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
In teaching it is necessary to be open to considering alternative approaches in reaching each student. What works for one student may not work for the next. It is largely a matter of trial and error; finding metaphors, demonstrating, and small exercises designed to isolate difficulties down to manageable pieces. Many teachers consciously or unconsciously rely on using the same methods and approaches they were taught with, for better or worse. Though this may be a useful pedagogical tactic it is also beneficial to explore new territories. I have learned as much from my students as they have from me
Lessons, Theory Tutoring, Arranging
The North American Saxophone Alliance is an organization made up of individuals who share a common interest in the saxophone. Members include professional performers, university professors, public school teachers, students of all levels, and others who have an interest in the saxophone. In addition to the Alliance's emphasis on disseminating information concerning the saxophone, the organization also works to provide opportunities for its members to make music, fostering fellowship among saxophone enthusiasts of all ages and backgrounds.
The mission of the New Jersey Music Educators Association is the advancement of music instruction in New Jersey's educational institutions at all levels that provide in-service and enrichment opportunities for practicing and retired teachers and prospective music educators, as well as sponsoring various festivals and all-state performing groups for K-12 students.
· Saxophone · In studio When I took a lesson with Robbie Harvey, he was able to evaluate and explain, in a clear and precise manner, what I was doing incorrectly and how to fix it. We worked on sound production and how to form/enhance the embouchure. After the lesson, I immediately had a bigger and more focused sound and was given the knowledge of how to work on these things on my own.
· Saxophone · In studio Robbie is great teacher and a fantastic saxophonist. Having already experienced a number of years of private saxophone instruction, these lessons were the most useful. His explanations were concise, and objectives were clear. His ability to explain pedagogy and performance practice was nothing short of impressive, and his lessons were a rare experience where someone could answer 100% of my questions with the same precision that I would hope to give if I were an instructor. Beginner or advanced, I think everyone would benefit from his instruction.
· Saxophone · In studio Fantastic instructor! Aside from becoming a much better saxophone player, I learned to be a better musician in general. Robbie is wise far beyond his years and I strongly recommend him to any saxophone player wanting to take his/her skills to the next level.
· Saxophone · In studio Robbie was super chill and also was really good at adjusting to my pace. I've had lessons where I felt like an idiot when something wasn't mastered by the next lesson but Robbie was extremely patient and was understanding. My sound did a 180 from only a semester of lessons and I still keep up with a lot of the techniques I've learned.
· Saxophone · In studio Robbie is very knowledgeable about saxophone technique and music in general. His teaching is engaging and clear. He is patient but holds his students to high standards. He helped me build confidence in my playing by being positive and supportive. I would recommend him to anyone!
· Saxophone · In studio Robbie may not be as seasoned as older instructors, but his youth and point of view makes a fresh, unique learning environment. I had been taking private lessons for four years before I started studying with him, and it wasn't until then that everything my other instructors taught me really started to come together. His fresh perspective shed new light onto problems I had been having for years, and with his guidence I was able to get back on track. I only got the pleasure to study with him for a semester, but during that time my technique, understanding, and confidence took leaps and bounds like it never had before. My outlook on the saxophone was completely transformed and I couldn't be happier with the kind of player that he has turned me into. Robbie is definitely an elite. I wouldn't hesitate at the oportunity to study with him again.
· Saxophone · In studio Robbie is truly a great teacher. He really puts all of his effort to make sure you are the best musician you can be. He makes sure to take his time with you, and gives you the best opportunities as a student.
· Saxophone · In studio I took some saxophone lessons with him. He knows how to help students to get improvement. I have to say that he is one of the best saxophone instructors I have ever studied with.
· Saxophone · In studio My lessons with rob was a new, refreshing experience. Before, I only knew two kinds of musicians; other students who are just starting, and teachers who have many many years in the business. However, Rob was a student and teacher, both learning new things and teaching them back to us. And although conversations may go longer than some time playing, his words mattered and his teachings truly worked for me.
· Saxophone · In studio Fantastic instructor! I got to take lessons for a semester at KU and it really helped my saxophone tone quality and musicality a lot! Very knowledgeable of standard techniques as well as many helpful tips and tricks. Dependable and always available to answer questions. I'm an advanced player so it's nice to find a great performer and instructor to help me play at an even higher level. Highly recommend!