- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a music educator, classically trained with an advanced performance degree. As a soloist and collaborative musician, I have performed professionally in ensembles, bands and orchestras both here and abroad. With a high degree of knowledge and proficiency, I teach proper technique and practice strategies, music notation, theory, rhythm and phrasing, while adapting teaching approaches to match the needs of each student. I share a love of music with my students and it gives me great pride to hear each student develop their own musical voice.
*** Lesson Details ***
My goal is to help students of varying ages and abilities succeed musically. Dedicated, experienced, encouraging, and sensitive to student moods, I am a multi-instrumentalist who can instruct you in acoustic guitar, classical guitar, piano (classical and popular repertoire), oboe, and voice. Study music to awaken your aural senses, develop muscle memory, and enhance your intellectual development.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano and bench, keyboard, guitar, guitar stand, music stand, foot stool. Ample seating for parents.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I am comfortable teaching from a piano or keyboard. I will transport my own guitar and anticipate students will own or rent the instrument they will be studying.
*** Specialties ***
Beginner to advanced music instruction, guitar notes and chords, piano melodies and accompaniment, vocal instruction, musical theater, classical piano and more.
I am a classically trained musician with an advanced performance degree. As a soloist and collaborative musician, I have performed professionally in ensembles, bands and orchestras both here and abroad. As a teacher of music, I have taught vocal and instrumental music lessons to hundreds of students, privately and in classrooms in both independent and public schools in Central NJ.
Pedagogical techniques for teaching music including playing pitched/unpitched instruments, singing, movement, body percussion and improvisation.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Piano · In studio Rina is a fabulous instructor. My son originally contacted Rina after researching piano teachers in our area. She came highly recommended and as a result he gave me a gift of five piano lessons to start. I became hooked; I've been with Rina for well over a year now and thoroughly enjoy learning. Her background in music is broad and she is creative in her approach to teaching.
The experience has been extremely rewarding for me and I look forward to continuing my journey into piano with Rina for many sessions to come.
· Oboe · Online
· Guitar · In studio Rina is a wonderful instructor. I was nervous about taking lessons later in life but she has been very supportive. She approaches the lessons at the perfect level for me and is making learning enjoyable.
· Singing · In studio For me to be as bashful and shy as I am I couldn't believe how easy it was to sing in front of Ms. Rina. I had to ask myself "am I really doing this? Am I singing in front of someone for the first time?" Ms. Rina made me feel totally at ease from the moment she greeted me at her front door with the warmest of smiles to the moment the lesson was done and she was giving me pointers to do at home. She even made my two teenage children feel at ease. I would recommend Ms. Rina to everyone. Thank you Ms. Rina. I look forward to my next lesson.
· Piano · In studio My son love his first piano class. Good beginning!
· Singing · In studio Had my first lesson today and I think this will be fantastic.
· Piano · In home She was inviting ,professional and wonderful with our 5 year old. He is shy and yet he is excited to get to his second lesson.
· Singing · In home I love the lessons and look forward to it every week. Ms. Rina explains the basics very well and makes the whole lesson more interesting with her enthusiasm as well as interesting trivia.
· Piano · In studio My 6 yo loves her!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I observed my 6yr old daughter's first guitar lesson with Rina. She is patient while providing proper technique, posture, reading music and teaching new notes (remember, this is a 6yr old!). My daughter left the lesson with an ear to ear smile and immediately told me how nice Rina is and how she loved it. I am very pleased with our experience so far and my daughter and I are both excited to continue.
As far as logistics, Rina is quick to respond via phone and email. Although she is in Westfield, her location has plenty on-street parking.