I been playing the guitar professionally for over 20 years. In that time I had the good fortune to perform and record with some really good musicians. I've played in various bands ranging from rock to jazz and flamenco. I received my bachelor's degree in recording engineer and record producer from LBCC.
I'm currently a Guitar Teacher for different music schools and have a number of private students as well.
*** Lesson Details ***
Play What You Want!!!!,Learn What You Need!!!
Focus on real-world guitar skills:
Starts on the Low E string;Learn chords from day one,from their root notes;Learn notes in a logical/alphabetical sequence;Perform rhythm and accompaniment parts right away (not just melodies).
What will my students learn: First position chords, rhythm riffs,patterns,blues and rock clichés.Music notation,tableture and chord charts.Pick and fingerstyle techniques,Improvisation and playing by ear.
NEW!!!! HOW TO PLAY LIKE!!!!
Break down songs and techniques into easily digestible chunks. Individual segments are played slowly first,then brought to speed.
You'll find you're learning and improving faster than you ever believed possible.
CLASSIC ROCK: From Aerosmith to ZZTOP.
GUITAR HEROES:From Randy Rhoads to Yngwie Malmsteen
TEXAS COUNTRY: From Randy Rogers to Charlie Robinson.
TEXAS BLUES: From Freddie King to Stevie Ray Vaughan.
METAL GUITAR: CLASSIC 70's to Today's Heroes
PROGRESSIVE ROCK-METAL: From Dream Theater to Periphery..
CLASSICAL GUITAR: From Bach to Vivaldi.
And many more Styles, send me a question and ask about your personal music choice.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Located in Specious one room of a three bedroom condo, Marshall amps ,Martin,Taylor Jackson, Dean, ESP,Takamine, Epiphone and Ovation guitars, use a plasma TV, guitar pro software, keyboards, recording softwear.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Guitar and amps. books.
Student: metronome and tuner.
*** Specialties ***
Finger Picking Techniques,MusicTheory and How to get a good sound with your guitar.
Guitar and Bass Guitar Teacher
Guitar & Bass Guitar Teacher
Record,Edit Manipulate mixes or master sounds.
Post Production.Worked with Artist and Record Producers creative vision making artistic and technical decisions.
Student Preparation Summer Music Recital
Private Music Instruction and Dedication to The Students
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Great instructor, patient, and willing to work at your pace.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Rick is patient and gentle. He has a very easy way about him that makes you feel at ease and even appreciated.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Rick is a fantastic teacher
· Guitar · In home I've seen more improvement in my abilities in five lessons than I have in the last five years!
· Guitar · In home OUTSTANDING!!! Rick made playing the guitar fun for me again!!
· Guitar · In studio Great teacher
· Bass Guitar · In studio Rick is a wonderful teacher. I already have some previous music experience, so he is working with me at my level instead of starting me from the beginning. I would definitely recommend him as a teacher.
· Guitar · In studio I've been taking lessons from Rick for over 1.5 years and have shown steady improvement thanks to him. He is always prepared and gears the lessons toward the style of music I enjoy playing. He is patient and keeps the lessons at a comfortable pace while also making sure to push me to progress my abilities.
· Guitar · In studio I'm a mid 40's guy who's wanted to play guitar since I was a kid. After a failed attempt in my teens, I hadn't revisited it (unless air-guitar counts) until this year. Fortunately for me, through Take Lessons, I found Rick. He is so very patient, friendly and flexible. The one thing I most enjoy about our lessons is that it's like visiting with a friend for an hour each week - whether we talk about music theory, new guitars or just about our lives, he always is engaged and accessible.
I can't say enough about Rick, he is a very knowledgeable musician, he genuinely cares that you reach your goal and is a really, really pleasant person. If your dream is just to play some of your favorite songs, or to go on to be a professional musician - Rick is definitely who I would recommend.
· Guitar · First rate instructor - fabulous
I'm a 50 something music student who loves guitar but has no particular talent. Rick has been patient with me and his lessons have improved my playing after a short time. I'm playing songs that I would otherwise never attempt.