Hi. My name is Rick, I'd love to teach you to play the guitar. I have 15 years teaching experience and offer lessons tailor-made to your individual musical goals and interests. You'll be surprised at how easy and fun learning the guitar can be.
Golden Octagon is my current band. We're currently working on putting together a great set list for our next show!
I teach students of all ages to to play guitar. I love music more than just about anything in this world, and I bring that enthusiasm to every lesson I teach. I'm just getting started with TakeLessons
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Ukulele · In home Rick makes me feel comfortable. Very patient. Enjoy learning the Ukulele from Rick.
· Ukulele · In studio Rick is quick to see where I am struggling. He is easy to work with and gives me some structure which I need in order to learn. Makes the time very comfortable.
· Ukulele · In studio I was excited and nervous to start ukulele lessons. Rick quickly makes you feel at ease-greeting me for the intro lessons playing his guitar! With an incredible ability to encourage and motivate he is the ideal instructor. It is very apparent that he loves music and sharing that love with students (of all levels!)
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Rick is a fantastic guitar instructor! I knew absolutely nothing about playing guitar when I first started taking lessons, and now I can read music and play songs. He takes the time to make sure I actually understand what I'm doing, instead of just going through the motions. He's patient and encouraging when I struggle. I'd highly recommend him to anyone interested in beginning lessons, or anyone looking to sharpen their skills and add to their repertoire!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I've been working with Rick for a while now. He's professional, laid back, and fun to learn from. If you have an interest in a particular style of music, a specific song, or music theory, Rick will incorporate your interests into the lessons. If life gets hectic and you don't practice as much as you should, Rick won't guilt trip you for slacking. (Not that I'd ever do this...) Rick clearly wants you to improve and enjoy learning to play music at whatever pace works best for you.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Rick is an amazing guitar teacher. He designs each lessons specifically for what I'm interested in learning and the results are impressive. My guitar playing has improved faster with Rick than any other teacher. I highly recommend him!