I am a saxophonist and music educator with experience in multiple woodwinds and piano. I have years of performing and teaching experience and have studied with some of the the world's preeminent musicians of my instrument. I am very patient and I enjoy teaching both children and adults. I strive to keep lessons fun and engaging. I encourage parents to be present for their child's lessons and take part in the learning process.
Private piano, saxophone, flute, and clarinet lessons
Teach band instruments (woodwinds, brass, and percussion) in elementary schools in Fremont Unified School District. Prepare students to participate in one or two public performances a year.
Clinician for members of the California Youth Symphony Wind Ensembles
The North American Saxophone Alliance is an organization made up of individuals who share a common interest in the saxophone. Members include professional performers, university professors, public school teachers, students of all levels, and others who have an interest in the saxophone. In addition to the Alliance's emphasis on disseminating information concerning the saxophone, the organization also works to provide opportunities for its members to make music, fostering fellowship among saxophone enthusiasts of all ages and backgrounds.
· Flute · In studio Excellent! Couldn't have been better! I'm an adult beginner on flute, but play guitar and have played both tenor sax and clarinet in the past, so I come with a mixed set of skills. Ricardo asked me my goals and assessed my strengths and weaknesses. He was very patient and receptive to all my questions. In my first lesson I've already learned techniques which have improved my playing. Ricardo's resume of performing and teaching give me great confidence and payed a role in choosing him to be my teacher. I feel very fortunate to have connected with him!
· Flute · In home Great first lesson!
· Saxophone · In home Ricardo is an excellent teacher. He is a skilled musician and along with that he is kind, patient and encouraging with our kids. We started with our older son getting saxophone lessons with him and seeing how good he is with kids we asked if he can try teaching our younger one Piano. Our 5 yr old son enjoys getting lesson from him. I have already recommended Ricardo to a friend and would continue to do so.
· Saxophone · In home Ricardo is a fantastic teacher. He is patient and kind with my daughter and she loves her lessons. It has only taken her a few weeks to learn many notes and a couple of short songs. Thank you Ricardo :)
· Saxophone · In home Ricardo was a great teacher; very dedicated, highly talented, and very kind. Today was the first time I ever touched a sax - but by the end of the first lesson I was able to create few sounds and play my first (very basic) song - Mary had a Little Lamb!
I can't wait for my next lesson. Thank you!