Knowing at the age of 5 that music was my life, by being brought up surrounded by praise music and gospel, my early exposure to music helped me to find every Instrument and style just my thing! I wanted to play everything and learn all aspects of music. I started with singing in the children's choir and then developed into piano and music theory. At the age of 12 I began to learn classical guitar, and at 15 took on various styles like Flamenco, Jazz and Rock. I graduated from High School having played in the school band achieving recognition In national Institutions Like IAJE (International Association for Jazz Education) and state band finals. I was also composing from a very early age, and at 18 released my first album (self-titled) which can still be heard and purchased today through various music outlets, since i have released over 15 albums with various ensembles and bands. In college I already knew from my previous experience that I wanted to teach and pass on the joy that music brought to my life. I studied Music Theory and Jazz and finished my degree in Music Education. I have been teaching all in all for about 14 yrs. And I have enjoyed every minute I have spent with my students learning as much from them, as them from me. I am looking forward to meeting new and eager students who really want to bring their inner music out to share with the rest of us music aficionados! and develop their skills to the peak of their abilities.
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching method ranges depending on the student. I believe in my experience that everyone learns differently, therefore everyone develops at their own pace. I try to find key strengths in each student and expose this to their advantage, using their abilities to further develop their skills, this method has shown the most promising results and students usually find themselves playing and performing just a couple of months after their first lessons. Part of my method involves a lot of performance and recital opportunities to help break any fears and inhibitions a student may bring with them. Music is about sharing, so an early exposure to this method helps to strengthen and stabilize a core acceptance of a students style and path, giving them and those close to them a very clear picture of their development and achievements.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Has all instruments at both his home and college studio
*** Travel Equipment ***
I provide lesson material, song charts and a progression scale. I require student to have an Instrument and recommended technique literature.
*** Specialties ***
My classical training began in High School with Influences in Segovia, and Romero I studied classical for 4 yrs. and trained in Jazz and Improvisation with performances In Big Band and group ensemble. Also sang and played in the school gospel choir.
If you needed a reason
There is no question that music touches us instantly and activates images, emotions and memories that linger with us throughout our lives. As a casual listener or an obsessive music elitist, there are times in our lives when we get blown away by a sound so unique our entire body vibrates and resonates with the touch of something out of this world. I can honestly say when this happens to me I feel as close to a spiritual connection than anything I have experienced otherwise. I believe it is these exact events that have triggered my need to be completely involved in the making, performing and consuming of music. The creative process, to me, is the single obvious reason we exist in this world. We create and share, learn and interpret, build on previous ideas and inspire others to perfect upon this process. It is no doubt a very humbling experience to realize you are part of it all. During this process you come to realize how important you are as an Individual, how there is no other vessel like you in this world, nor has there ever been or ever will. You are here now and your voice, your talent, your gift is an instrument to the great choir of the human spirit. No one but you can relate this, a reason to be, to create, to give.
· Drum · Online Rene is a fantastic teacher! Always patient and great with my 9 year old. He understands my child and always goes the extra mile. Rene is an excellent teacher.
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio Very Knowledgeable about the guitar... Shows great interest in what I want to learn.
· Guitar · Online Very good.
· Guitar · In home My daughter was very happy .
Thank you Rene
· Singing · In studio Perfect first lesson,i honestly feel like i will be able to develop into the artist i want to become working with Rene. Left feeling positive and motivated. Everything you would want from a coach!
· Cello · Online Rene was wonderful - - we really hit it off on the first lesson. He is exactly the kind of teacher I was looking for :-) I want to learn to play the cello from the heart. He is perfect.
· Piano · In studio I was a true beginner when I started with Rene, and I feel that I learned and progressed quickly without feeling rushed or pressured. That's the type of atmosphere Rene creates, one that allows for you to push yourself as much as possible because he simplifies what can seem like an intimidating instrument. Awesome teacher and great guy, definitely would recommend him to anyone who wants to learn how to play the piano.
· Songwriting · In studio Great first introductory lesson.
· Piano · In studio Very straightforward and easy to understand. Simplifies the process of learning what can be intimidating instruments to learn.
· Upright Bass · Online Rene has taken time to teach our son not only the instrument, but also the historical context around the bass. This type of instruction is interesting and engaging. My son looks forward to his weekly lessons. Also, Rene shows a great amount of patience with his instruction and has my son strive for excellence and correct form.