Raycurt J. aka "Fiddla", Violin-Viola-Voice-Piano-Rhythm-Dance and Event Productions.
Native of Washington, D.C. began playing music at the age of seven on the piano. Singing in church choirs with family members and participating with the D.C. Youth Chorale.
Began instruction on the Viola in the D.C. Youth Orchestra program.
Auditioned and attended the Duke Ellington Performing Arts High School in the inaugural year. 1976.
Awarded with a Full Scholarship for vocal studies at the
Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester, New York
Music is the universal communicator, educator, healer, and conflict mediator.
We naturally expose our children to music to incite awareness and stimulate self-motivational learning practices within. Music, as a hobby or passion, you will discover the connection to other practical disciplines, such as, science and mathematics.
Mr, Ray's comprehensive 3 step courses.
1. Learn the basics of the music language, reading and writing.
2. COUNTING. keeping time, the ruler of motion in music.
3. Learn how to create beautiful melodies and syntax of song to discover the process of creativity with a structure toward musical thought.
Also. effective personal practice techniques and the basics of Improvisation and Composition.
It is well documented that exposing children to music and the creative arts is a prerequisite to fundamental logical thought processes and schematic reasoning.
Music is organic FUN for kids of all the ages! 4 years to 104. Lol
Recordings with artists and celebrities throughout the U.S. and Europe. Presentations of jazz and classical ensembles with rotating artists for hire of various genres of music.
You may consider me a Triple threat as they say, Singer, Dancer and Entertainer.
He has performed with notables such as Stevie Wonder,
Natalie Cole, Bette Midler, and Carmen Mac Cray.
Akademisches Festival Orchestra, Leipzig,
Kammerorchester de St. Laurentius, in Dessau, Germany.
National Gallery of Art Orchestra, and the
American University Symphony.
Howard University Community Orchestra
La Fete Musique, World-wide Busking Society.
MTA-Music Under New York
resently D.C. Concert Orchestra and DC Strings workshop
Founded on the belief that access to excellence in music is an essential human right, DC Strings Workshop (DCSW) is dedicated to bringing fun, high-level classical music concerts to communities throughout the District of Columbia region. A non-profit organization composed of young amateur, semi-professional, and professional musicians under the leadership of founding artistic director Andrew Lee, DCSW seeks to reach a wide spectrum of audiences with performances that engage the communities in which they occur. musicians of proficient level for a string orchestra and various combinations of chamber music or dictated by the music genres. All instruments welcome and aspiring composers.
Meet-ups for social settings, networks, occasional recitals and presentations for the DMV area.
Music Now Foundation, Inc. - a 501c3 (pending) organization dedicated to the support of live music to engage, enrich, and educate young artists through workshop programming, performance opportunities and musical mentor-ships nurturing creative and artistic growth.
1. Nightingale's Café & Coffeehouse performances
A gathering place for Live, Local and Homegrown Music !
Friday Nite Live Coffeehouses
Emporium of Musical Workshops: Songwriting, Performance Etiquette, History of Music,,,,etc
Magical Mentor ships for young artists
Piano, Guitar & Voice Lessons for At-Risk Youth
Music Now Coffee-rockers . . . Behind the Scenes news for Young Musicians distributed throughout HS music programs, coffee shops etc...
Partnership support with VH1 Save the Music Foundation to support
Music Educations in Schools throughout SE CT
XXVIII. Black International Cinema Berlin 2013
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Singing · In studio Raycurt is patient, kind, and most of all experience. Look forward to the future and where I am going with this experience.
· Violin · In studio Raycurt is an amazing teacher. He's a musical genius but he's still patient with me even though I have little musical talent.
· Piano · In studio Mr. Raycurt is encouraging and patient. He has made learning piano exciting for me!
· Violin · In studio Mr. Johnson is a FABULOUS violin instructor. I haven't played in 20 years, and after a few lessons my technique is coming back. His teaching style is one where he pushes you beyond your expectations. He's an excellent teacher for beginners and experienced violinists. I also love that he is so talented in many genres of music...such a gifted violinist. Hope to play like him again soon. I highly recommend this teacher.
· Violin · In studio Raycurt has developed and implemented a constructive way for beginners to understand the violin, comprehend music theory, and figure out how to make this instrument sound good!
(It's not easy to do...)
· Violin · In studio Raycurt was extremely patient and a very skilled teacher. Would definitely recommend!!
· Violin · Excellent
I am an adult learner new to music lessons, and so was very anxious during my first violin session with Raycurt. I can't say enough about his professionalism and easy teaching style. We spoke prior to the meeting, and he told me what I needed to get started. More impressive, he showed up during a snowstorm! I highly recommend him.
· Piano · no comment
Raycurt is a pleasure to deal with. He is very talented and uses his talent to teach me the piano. He is patient with me through I am not a very good pupil.