- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Ray R. and I'm a professional drummer and drum instructor.
I have been teaching private lessons for over four years and I'm currently accepting new students at my home studio, the studio is fully sound proofed and sound treated to make the lessons more enjoyable. I count with two drum sets, which allows me and the student to play together, making the lessons more fun and efficient. I'm also available to travel to your place if that's your preference. I've taught students ranging from 3 years old to 60 years old.
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Performance of Contemporary Music from Musicians Institute, where I have also been a private tutor in subjects including technique, reading, and overall drum set playing. Currently a drum instructor in Cornel School of Contemporary Music, teaching reading classes and contemporary styles, and at Modern Music School, where most of my students are kids. I'm also a published author with 6 educational drum books available in Amazon that are perfect for a beginner drummer who is first learning how to play, or for intermediate players who are looking to strengthen their foundations as drummers.
I'm a huge fan of teaching and take the opportunity to help you improve at something you love very seriously. I look forward to helping you accomplish all of your drumming goals!
I teach private lessons, as well as group lessons for all levels and ages. I have also been in charge of a "band class", or ensemble.
I taught the Certificate program, teaching reading classes, contemporary styles, and ensemble classes.
· Drum · In home Ray is great. Very knowledgeable and personable. He tuned into what I needed to know right away and had two beautiful drum kits set up and ready to play.
· Drum · In studio First drum lesson was awesome with Ray!
· Drum · In studio Ray R. is what I would call a "Performance Teacher" to me. I am a guitarist and play with him to improve everything from rhythm to live performance skills. Not only is Ray an absolute beast of a musician, he is a wonderful teacher. As many people may know, just because one is a good musician it doesn't necessarily mean you also know how to be an effective teacher. Ray is the best of both worlds! I have improved leagues since I started playing with him some months ago. I COULD NOT recommend his as a teacher enough.
· Drum · In home Great instructor. My son is excited go his lessons
· Drum · In studio Ray is a patient, wonderful teacher and I am so happy to have found him!!!! The studio and equipment he provides is an added bonus that I was not expecting. A very pleasant surprise. I highly recommend Ray.
· Drum · In studio Ray is a patient, fun and cool teacher who is well prepared for every lesson. He selected music that our son likes to play along with. He has a great set up in his home studio with two drum sets - one for the teacher and one for the student. My son has made great progress so far after only a few lessons. Highly recommended!
· Drum · In studio A good musician is not necessarily a good teacher. Most musicians do not know how to teach, period.
A good music teacher not only knows how to perform on his/instrument well but knows the art and technique of imparting the knowledge. Those are two totally different skills.
Ray is one of those rare guys to come around who has both skill well developed: he is a great musician, a great pro drummer who knows how to put himself in the student's shoes and thus can impart to the student exactly what the student needs in order to make progress.
Add to that a great positive personality and passion to boot and you have a great teacher and mentor.
I took "Advanced Drum Chart Reading" lessons and "Group Performance Workshops" classes from Ray at Cornel School of Contemporary Music and I am continuing studying with him after my graduation. I highly recommend him.
· Drum · In studio I took lessons from Ray for about 4 months because I wanted to take my drumming skills to the next level. Ray's teaching method is unique and effective. It's simple as that!. After 2 lessons my band mates started noticing better chops, more control on the drum set (as far as dynamics) and tasteful fills. My hand/foot coordination has improved radically thanks to those exercises customized and developed by Ray that target the weak areas. At my first lesson, Ray and I discussed my short but demanding list of concepts that I wanted to work. He was able to understand all my concerns in a heartbeat and put together a teaching plan that covered more than what I was expecting. Needless to say that Ray is a humble person and a great drummer ( I stole a of of licks from him!). The studio is very neat and organized. It has technology and equipment that as a student you can use for free. Another advantage is that Ray's studio has two drum sets so the theory and the actual practice happen in real time. Also, the studio location is very convenience. If you are a drummer looking for effective drum lessons, any style, any level don't hesitate to contact Ray. You won't regret it!. He is an A+ drum instructor.
· Drum · In studio Ray is my favorite music teacher I have ever had! He is extremely patient and just wants his students to love the drums. He always makes the lessons interesting and caters to what the students want. He is very encouraging and knows how to teach in a supportive matter. I have learned so much from Ray and would recommend him to any student!
· Drum · In studio We Love Love Love Ray. My son is 8 years old. He is a beginner at drums and had his first lesson today at Rays (wonderful!) little studio with two drum sets in it. Ray started with a simple rhythm that my son had to copy and they practiced it together a couple of times. Then Ray showed him what that rhythm looked like, written down on paper and how you can read the notes so you can play it (anything) again. Then they both put headphones on and played the same rhythm along with a song of (in this case) Michael Jackson, picking up the tempo. This made it all the more fun, because my son felt like he was already actually making some real music!
My son loved his first class with Ray and I am very happy too. Ray is structured, has loads and loads of enthusiasm and is very skilled. On top of that he knows how to teach! We can’t wait untill his next class.