- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! My name is Rachel, and I have been teaching lessons professionally for over 10 years now. My primary instruments are voice and piano, and I also teach music theory/ear training/musicianship skills. I earned my degree in vocal performance from James Madison University, where I taught lessons to non-music majors as well as tutored general music for the student population. I am currently getting my masters in voice and pedagogy (teaching) from the Peabody Conservatory. I would describe my teaching style as fun and relaxed, with a strong emphasis on healthy technique. I believe that all students should have a strong technical foundation, and that begins on day one. Genres I teach include classical, musical theatre, pop, and accompanying skills for pianists. I can also help with audition prep on both instruments. I look forward to meeting with you!
I am the vocal and instrumental director/conductor for the musical "Cry Baby" at Marshall High School. I oversee rehearsals and all musical elements of the show.
I teach voice, piano, and music theory lessons to students of all ages.
I served as the vocal director and rehearsal accompanist for a production of "Avenue Q" with a professional theatre company.
I tutored JMU's student athletes for a general music class that covered subjects such as music history, basic music theory, and music in modern culture.
I tutored college level music theory to music majors, covering subjects such as ear training, counterpoint, and basic theory skills.
I worked as a rehearsal pianist, personal coach, and performance pianist for the musical theatre majors at James Madison University.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
· Piano · In studio Rachel is my daughter’s piano teacher, and based on our experience with her, and in comparison to my son’s guitar teachers in his early years, Rachel is the best music teacher that I have encountered. Rachel is great with kids, she knows how to keep my daughter engaged and away from frustrations. In her lectures, Rachel maintains a nice balance between fun and challenging songs, and in every assignment she give out, her student either polishes a technique or acquires the new one. All in all, Rachel creates a great learning environment and provides a positive experience.
· Singing · In studio Rachel is an amazing instructor. She is very knowledgeable on the subject of vocals. The tips and techniques she has taught me in just three lessons have already considerably helped me improve my singing. She is very hospitable, and makes you feel at home and as comfortable as she can. The flow of her classes really takes advantage of the time (at least for her 1-hour-sessions), and there isn't really much time that is wasted on other things. Overall, I think Rachel is an amazing instructor, and I really look forward to keep taking lessons with her
· Singing · In studio Rachel has been excellent with helping my daughter in voice lessons. She is very patient and helpful. It is very interesting to hear how the tips that she gives make an immediate impact.
· Classical Piano · In studio I have played the piano for over 50 years and studied under several teachers. Rachel is the best teacher. She is very good at exploring new techniques and is very encouraging and supportive. This "old dog" is learning many new valuable tricks that has enabled me to go to a higher playing level. Thanks much to Rachel!
· Piano · In studio Rachel is very knowledgeable and patient. She is able to convey techniques that are easy to remember and put into practice right away. Rachel is one of the best teachers I have taken lessons from and I am an older student. I highly recommend her.
· Singing · Online This was our first experience with voice lessons. Rachel surpassed my expectations!
· Singing · Online
· Singing · Online Great teacher, very flexible and works at your pace.
· Singing · In studio Rachel really knows how to tailor her teaching to your level. She will accommodate her lessons to whatever goal you're seeking. Her explanations are straightforward and easy to understand.
· Vocal Training · In home Excellent teacher.