- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
PLEASE NOTE: As of 11/9/16, the studio space at 1506 N. Capital is undergoing some remodeling so lessons there are on hold for that time. After the studio reopens, I am accepting new piano students. My roster for vocal students is closed at this time. Thanks!
A graduate of Duke Ellington School for the Arts and the prestigious Berklee College of Music, Rachel Panay is a 6 time Billboard Club charting singer/songwriter in the Dance music genre. She recently returned to her musical theatre roots appearing as Rose in Theatre Lab's production of The Secret Garden. Rachel is also a Wolftrap resident teaching artist in DC schools and has been commissioned by Wolftrap to create and perform her original children's performance piece, Jazz Cat/Blues Kitty. She leads worship music weekly at Luther Place Memorial Church and sings with community gospel choir, The Ambassadors of Praise.
As teacher, Rachel is warm, friendly & energetic. Her passion for every facet of music is expressed in her desire to impart that same appreciation to her students. She tailors lessons according to the individual student's goals and interests. With younger students, Rachel communicates regularly with parents so they can work together to get the most out of lessons!
Private & group classes plus Glee Club camp classes
Arts integration specialist in DC schools, using music, dance and drama to accomplish overall curriculum goals in early childhood settings.
Gathering of teaching artists for Wolftrap in the DC/MD/VA areas, to research imagination in young children and write the foundation's mission statement as it pertains to imagination in action.
Using music, dance and drama to teach engineering "habits of mind" and basic science principles.
Bringing STEM subjects to life using story telling techniques and basic puppetry for interactive learning.
Using "Let's make a movie!" as a model within the classroom wherein children are the directors, the actors, and sometimes the scenery, acting out fiction and nonfiction scenarios. Develops recall, teamwork, attention span, and of course sparks creativity, imagination and makes learning FUN!
Using common principles inherent within academics and the performing arts, as a lesson planning tool within common core learning environments and real time in the classroom and one on one with students.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Piano · In home First lesson was great! Rachel easily got my 6 year old excited about the piano. Looking forward to the next one.
· Piano · In home Had a great first lesson and looking forward to continuing with Rachel. I am trying to learn classical piano as an adult and Rachel's lesson was informative and fun- she really knows her stuff!
· Piano · In studio Rachel is organized and very responsible .alexandra liked her first lesson .
· Singing · In studio Veteran, patient, approachable and articulate. I look forward to learning from her in the weeks to come!
· Singing · In studio Vegetables, patient, approachable, and articulate. I look forward to learning from her in the week to come!
· Singing · In studio I really enjoyed my lessons with Rachel. She is a great teacher and shares her love of music. In addition to learning new songs, I also learned new techniques to strengthen my voice. I travel a bit for work, and Rachel was very flexible with scheduling make-up classes. Unfortunately, I no longer take lessons because the new location of her studio is no longer convenient for me. It's too bad, because the space sounds wonderful! I highly recommend her as an instructor.
· Singing · In studio Rachel was a wonderful teacher: patient, talented, and very attuned to my specific needs and goals. As an adult pursuing singing lessons, it was important to me to have a teacher that could be flexible to my schedule and my goals, and I had a wonderful experience with Rachel. I'm sadly leaving DC, so won't be able to continue lessons, but will definitely miss her as a teacher!
· Piano · In studio Caring, fun, creative, and great with kids. She teaches my five year olds piano and they look forward to their lessons every week.
· Jazz Voice · In studio Rachel has a wealth of knowledge and experience to offer her students. She is fun to work with and very attentive to her student's individual levels and interests.
· Singing · In studio Rachel was fantastic!