I have played the guitar for twenty years and have studied a wide variety of music including jazz, classical, folk, blues and rock. I’m skilled in acoustic, electric and classical styles of the guitar. I have an open mind about music and can appreciate any style or type. I have a firm background on music theory, so I am able to explain what I am teaching. I excelled in all my classes in college, music and Gen Eds, with a GPA over 3.75. I also have experience in teaching guitar or bass to students ranging from the ages of six to sixty six. I enjoy taking what I have learned and passing it on to someone else to experience. I believe this is one way you can leave your mark in music. I believe the experience I have playing in bands, and learning songs with my ability of having relative pitch will make my students improve quicker. I am also a very skilled sight reader and can recognize key signatures and musical notation. I’ve also been playing electric bass guitar for 13 years now and have the same skill set as my guitar playing. In fact I am hired to perform more often as a bassist than a guitarist.
I went to Columbia College between 2000-2003 and I completed a Bachelor Arts in Music, Concentration: Instrument Performance.
I also went to Harper College between 1997-2000 and I completed an Associates in Fine Arts of Music.
*** Lesson Details ***
I tailor all my lessons to the individual students interests and wants.
Whatever your goals are, I'll help you get there.
If you just want to learn music theory or how to write a song, I can teach you all that and more.
I will teach you how to read music but if you don't wan't to do that, I will teach you how to read tablature.
I'll push you to learn your instrument and to practice but I won't force to practice anything that you are not interested in.
After about 3-6 months of lessons with me you will be able to play songs that you wanted to learn and you will also know all the essential fun basics of your instrument.
Learning the guitar or bass is fun! And as your teacher I will make you want to practice.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons will be downstairs which has music stands, guitars, cords and books.
*** Travel Equipment ***
My guitar and music stand. They should have a guitar and an amp if needed.
*** Specialties ***
Anything from classic rock to blues, jazz, classical, modern rock, punk rock, music theory, improvising and songwriting.
I teach classes of 4-12 students guitar lessons. Any age group. 1st graders to adults.
in Arlington Heights. Great lessons only music store that forms bands and has student concerts that the bands play at.
in Fox River Grove. Great guitar shop that sells everything music related with great deals.
· Guitar · In home I told Paul that my goal is to be able to pick up the guitar at home or with friends and feel comfortable playing along. After 4 lessons I'm playing 12 bar blues, comfortable with several scales, and even writing my own chord progressions. Not only a good teacher he's been very accommodating to my work/travel schedule.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Paul is a great teacher. He's enthusiast, supportive and flexible. He challenges me a lot and I'm learning faster than before as a result. Thanks Paul!
· Music Theory · In studio Paul rules. I came in looking for music theory lessons but we've grounded everything we've done in guitar technique. He's very flexible and willing to meet you wherever you're at. He's very supportive and excited and I've learned a lot in just 2 lessons.
· Guitar · In studio Paul is the man and this first lesson was amazing!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I started with Paul about 6-8 weeks back and i am already starting to play some famous songs. which is great for motivation. He can mold the class as you desire based on your choice of music and style of learning. He is a wonderful teacher for all age groups. I would recommend taking lessons with him.
· Guitar · In studio I'm writing this because honestly, I would not be where i am today without the guidance and teachings of Paul. His ability to bridge the gap between technique and style is truly priceless & continues to reward me a decade after taking lessons with him. As a touring musician, I owe a lot of my understanding of music to him. Thank you Paul!
· Blues Guitar · In studio Extremely happy with Paul through three lessons. My son needed some help with a few songs for an upcoming performance, and Paul has been helping him master those songs. Paul is very knowledgeable and patient, and my son loves learning and jamming with him. Highly recommended!
· Acoustic Guitar · Online I had my first class with Paul. The session was amazing, Paul is really good at explaining the details of progressions. He's friendly and gets the class moving in the right direction at the same time so you don't end up getting too bored with instructions or while away the time chatting away(which isn't so bad for a first class). I will be sure to update the rating and provide more feedback as I go through more lessons. I really like how Paul doesn't force you to take a package of classes as with some of the other instructors I've heard about.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Super cool guy, very knowledgable with music, very patient. I recommend.
· Guitar · In studio Paul has been the most amazing instructor. I have never played the electric guitar before and his level of patience has made it extremely easy for me to learn. He writes lesson plans and assigns "homework" appropriate for your level of experience which helps in learning or further developing your skill. I plan on continuing to take lessons with Paul for quite some time.