- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have my bachelors degree in sacred music, my masters degree in music performance, and my doctorate in worship studies. I am an experienced music teacher with great interpersonal skills and enjoy creating a fun and meaningful learning environment for all ages of students. I teach music theory concepts as I teach music, and I also enjoy sharing the history of music and famous composers. Students should not just learn notes, but they should also learn about the wonderful story of music I have taught private clarinet, flute, saxophone, voice, and piano lessons for many years with great success. Many of my former students write to me periodically to tell me what they are doing in music. I look forward to working with many more students as we embark on the journey of learning music, pieces, history, and theory together. Students will look back and say they really enjoyed their lessons with me.
I direct a great volunteer community chorus in Bolingbrook, Illinois, where I get to choose the repertoire, conduct weekly rehearsals and present 4 concerts annually.
I have taught private studio lessons for clarinet and saxophone, in addition to assisting in the wind ensemble, and lecturing in the secondary music education division.
I am a licensed K-12 Substitute Teacher with a Music endorsement
I have been an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God where I am able to conduct weddings, funerals, and lead worship services.
· Piano · In home My first lesson was great. Mr. Paul was very patient and judged my skill level before making a lesson plan. Initially I was nervous, because I have never taken lessons before, but that quickly went away. I can definitely tell that he knows his stuff when it comes to teaching. He a great teacher and conversationalist.
· Flute · In home Paul was very pleasant. He thoroughly explained things to my daughter in a manner that she could understand. He listened to her play and they also played together.
This was her first flute lesson with Paul, but she's already looking forward to the next lesson.
· Saxophone · In home Paul is a very helpful teacher who can help me learn at a great pace!
· Piano · Online Had my first lesson today with Paul, we spent almost the entire lesson getting a game plan together and getting to know each other. He was very open to teaching me what I want to play, he also played for me and explained how he likes to enhance songs and make them more dynamic. It was a good first lesson, I think we will be a nice fit. Time to get to work, Christmas is not that far away and I will be learning a couple of songs for the holiday season.
· Piano · In studio Paul was very attentive to my previous music education and was interested in my goals. We discussed my expectations and how to obtain my goals. I was very impressed with Paul!
· · Paul is strong in both the technical and subjective areas of music. He understands the elements that make up both categories and how to balance these elements for a great performance. Paul takes a strong interest in each student he has. He likes to understand why they enjoy music and build on that. Paul likes for his students to be educated in all facets of music, not just how to play a particular instrument. Paul loves people and music. I could not recommend a better teacher.
· Music Performance · In home Paul is a wonderful person and very competent. He does a great job and gives his best effort. I recommend him.
· Piano · In home I've known Paul for several years and his talent is remarkable! On several occasions I've heard him play the piano and direct a choir while performing before a large crow. I've also heard him play piano and sing Christian Gospel in the comfort of his own living room. I would definitely recommend Paul to family and friends for private lessons of piano, as well as voice performance. His great talent coupled with his candid character makes Paul one of the best instructor's in suburban Chicago.
· Piano · In studio When we went to Stone Church, Pastor Paul was the leader of music for the church. I was in awe at the way he led the music. His voice, his artful work at the piano...it was such a joy! And now, for the past several years, my daughter has had the privilege to be a student at the piano with Pastor Paul. He is very patient, and very adept at the way he teaches...encourages my daughter to play. We (my wife and I) are very lucky...actually blessed to have such a talented Godly man teach our daughter.
· Singing · In studio Paul makes our chorus look and sound professional. He is without a doubt the
best director our community chorus has ever had and I have been in the chorus since 1989 and have been singing in various groups since I was in sixth grade.
He gives us expert technical direction and he makes you feel at ease when he
gives you suggestions on how we can perfect our performance. He took the time
out of his busy schedule to help me personally perfect a solo I performed for our
recent concert. I look forward to future concerts under his expert directions.